Brim is stealing again it seems.

Brim is fighting a fucking grizzly bear.

Too much was going on today.

It was supposed to be a day of decompression, but then they had a stress breakdown from physics and now they're literally fighting for their life.

Originally, Brim was just about to sink down into the water, but all of a sudden a grizzly bear came out of nowhere and thought that Brim was edible.

They certainly had bone marrow, BUT BRIM DIDN'T WANT TO DIE TODAY.

Brim was very desperately splashing away from the grizzly bear and back to where his clothes where, but THIS FUCKING BEAR WAS PERSISTENT AS HELL.

WHAT THE FUCK DID HE DO TO THIS BEAR?!?!?

BRIM DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER COMING TO THIS SPECIFIC PART OF THE WILDERNESS AND MESSING WITH BEARS!?!!

Brim grasped his clothes with soaked hands and quickly opened a portal to the Void. Not risking looking back, they dove into the portal.

Luckily they only ended up with a couple of bruises and cuts. The injuries came from a couple of lucky hits from the bear and being too careless when arriving at shore because of the rocks.

It was a very enlightening experience for Brim. It reminded them of the time when the Goddess of War had a misunderstanding about them.

...

He was tired of being fucking beat up. This couldn't happen all the time. He couldn't let it slide with how he was always constantly being whaled on and he can't do anything about it.

It was time to take things into his own hands.

It was time for his training arc.

"Hey, bear."

The grizzly bear leisurely turned around and saw the skeleton they attempted to eat a few days ago in the lake. Except this time the other was dressed in different clothes and had a mop in their hands.

What the hell was this Monster doing? Didn't they literally scare them away before?

"I know your ass understands me bitch. Because of some bullshit called magic, you can understand what I'm going to do next."

The bear squinted their small eyes at their opponent.

"I'm going to beat your ass fucker."

The skeleton launches forward, the white lights in their eye sockets unnervingly bright. The movement was so sudden, the bear barely had any time to prepare themselves.

BANG.

The mop let out a heavy sound that echoed throughout the forest. The bear could feel their thick skin stinging from the pain of the hit.

How did that flimsy stick manage to land that harsh of a hit?

ROOAAAAAR.

Finally recognizing the prowess of their opponent, the bear quickly rose and swiped at the skeleton.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

The skeleton dove under the deadly paw and jammed their elbow into the bear's stomach.

Knocked off balance, the bear could only stumble back.

BANG.

The skeleton bashed their mop at the bear's upper body. Blocks of unfinished code were fluctuating erratically besides their eyes. But their eyes were bright and on the mark.

The bear went down on their back, the vulnerable underside open for the vicious beating that would begin.

Dazed, the bear felt fear for the first time in a while.

"What do you have to say for yourself now, bitch?"

The bear let out a pained whine.

"That's what I thought."

Brim jumped down from the back of the downed bear. He had some mercy and left the bear with only bruises and wounded pride. Besides, the bear didn't even break his bones, he had the option to be merciful.

"Good fight, bear."

Brim thoughtlessly patted the side of the beaten bear.

He turned his back to the bear, trusting them to have learned their lesson.

And left.

The bear was left with confusion in their eyes.

"Kid, what the fuck?"

"Hey! Teach, you have to be proud of me! That was the first ever fight I won, and I even had a justified reason to do so!"

Brim puffed his chest out while Error could only stare at his student with this sort of mixture of disappointment, bewilderment, and faint pride.

"Okay, kid, run this by me again. You learned how to fight with a magic mop you made in the Void, in just a few days with MultiTube videos. And then you got your revenge against a bear that you lost in an encounter before?"

"Yeah!"

Error stared at Brim for a while, then leaned back in his bean bag in the Anti-Void.

"Okay... Okay. I'm proud of you kid."

Brim didn't move from their spot.

Error looked back at Brim, "What?"

"Uh, are you, um, forgetting something?"

Error eyed Brim. The way they were shifting around reminded her of the first time they met.

She dredged up any possible reasons why Brim was acting this way.

...

Oh.

"Okay, sit down kid."

Brim grinned brightly.

After Brim settled down, Error brought up her hand to rub Brim's skull. Like all those times when Error was training Brim and praised Brim for getting something right.

"Good job."

Brim did work hard, faintly thought Error.

(A/N: You can tell that I had no ideas on what to put Brim through with that bear fight. Anyhow here is some fanart, for a better visual of Brim rather than a pixelated cover. I know that it's somewhat cringe to include your own fanart in your own fics, but I have to include it since it really helped me with my inspiration).

 I know that it's somewhat cringe to include your own fanart in your own fics, but I have to include it since it really helped me with my inspiration)

Published April 10, 2023