*1 new notification*

———————————————————-—–——————

su-ae (soon to be bff)

Y/N IDK WHAT TO WEAR FOR THE DOUBLE DATE
PLS HELP

LMAO do you want me to come
over and help?

YES PLS
LIKE RIGHT NOW

RIGHT NOW??? GIRL.
OKAY HOLD ON

————————-——–————————————————

you sigh, not wanting to be a bad friend but also hurting inside because she's the one he likes.
you get up, fixing your hair, leaving your room and slipping your outside slides on.

.

"i don't think i like him but still, it's proper manners do look nice on a date."

"if you don't like him then why are you going on a date with him?" you say, a bit more aggressive than you'd like.

"he was very determined to go to the movies with me." she opens her closet doors. "so i was like 'i'll tell him to ask y/n and eunhyuk because they'll never agree.' but here we are."

"i know, at first i wasn't going to agree but then eunhyuk wanted to go so i had no choice." you rolled your eyes at the thought of the lovesick fool.

"wait...eunhyuk wanted to go?" she turns her head to look at you.

"yeah-" you cut yourself off. "oh that's cute!" you change the topic.

"this old thing?" she picks up a flowery t-shirt and holds it up to her chest.

"yes, pair it with some jeans and you're good to go. not too formal but not too basic."

she sighs a sigh of relief when you two are done picking out the outfit. "thanks for helping me, y/n."

—3pm, the next day—

the movie had started a bit ago. the theatre you were in was pretty dead because dohwa picked a movie that came out a while ago, probably on purpose knowing him.

him and su-ae were giggling and throwing popcorn at each other. you even saw him feed some to her at one point.

'you don't like him my ass.' you scoff.

eunhyuk heard you scoff and leaned over, still facing the movie screen.

"do you notice it too?" he whispered.

"notice what?" you whisper back.

"them acting like a new couple."

"its kinda hard not to."

"why would she kiss me back if she didn't like me?" he mumbled to himself but you heard it.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom." you abruptly stood up and whispered to them all. but eunhyuk seemed like the only one who cared.

-

"bear with it, just bear with it." you splashed water on your face. "he's destined to like her. not you."

"excuse me miss, are you okay?" a little girl, that was half your size, tugged on your pants.

"yeah." you smiled. "just some boy problems."

"ewww boys have cooties. don't let a cootie monster ruin your day." she pointed a finger at you before running away to, what looked like, her mom.

that little girl made you come to your senses. 'she's right. you should never let a man ruin your mood. that little girl is going places for sure.'

-
you arrive back to your seat just before the movie credits start playing.

"what'd i miss?" you asked eunhyuk.

"just the two people who were in love getting separated in the end." he emphasized the 'separated' while looking at su-ae and and dohwa which made you giggle.

"its so sad because they were such a cute couple." su-ae replies to eunhyuk.

"yeah." he got up from his seat and started making his way to the exit and su-ae followed after him.

"wow it's almost like they're the ones on a date together." dohwa made his way to your side as you started walking.

you were going to say something but decided against it because you knew whatever you were going to say was not going to be nice.

"are you ignoring me again? is this related to why you were ignoring me before?"

"no. everything's fine." you fake smiled to the best of your abilities.

"are you sure?" he questioned.

"so sure."

"alright then, im gonna go catch up with su-ae. i'll talk to you later?"

you didn't even have the energy to respond so you just nodded. he, hesitantly, took that as a sign to leave you to jog to su-ae and eunhyuk—who were in front of you. which made you want to cry even more. hesitation or not, he still left you for su-ae.

now you were all alone. like the side character you were destined to be. maybe you should've just stuck to minu.

'why was he giving mixed signals before. all that touching and affection...was it just him being friendly? did i misread our entire relationship?'

there really was no way of changing fate. whether you liked it or not, dohwa was always meant to fall for su-ae. it was never going to be you.