Prologue

!!!! WARNING, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS A TEEN AND DID NOT KNOW A DAMN THING. I AM SORRY IN ADVANCE!!!!

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing that I or this hospital can do for you, we are letting you go. Kyra, you have 2 months left to live, spend them wisely," the doctor said with a tone of indifference and turned to leave the room.

I've been here for over a year. Ever since my parents died and I got admitted to a hospital because one of the paramedics that was treating me said I was in so much trauma, I could never keep on living normally. I'm only 18 and I've been through more shit then most people will ever go through in their lives. I'm not most people though, I've lived through it all and I will not back down from life. I want to live and no one can take my life away from me, well at least not this "disease."

I'm going to do everything and anything it takes to survive because I'm not a quitter. I also made a promise to my parents that I would live a long life and this will not stop me. Nothing can stop me.

I get up from the uncomfortable hospital bed and grab my clothes then head to the shower. My bones are so weak and my body is so frail. If you blow air my way I'd probably fall over. No one's been treated well here but I guess every looney bin has that as a rule. 'Keep your prisoners so weak and frail that when they try for an escape, they won't even make it because of the lack of oxygen in them.' They actually take away our oxygen from the vents in our bedrooms when we're asleep.

I've heard them speaking about all of this, and I intend to contact the police once I'm out of here. These unfair, no good, lying, stinky, beer-bellied, balding, fatty, ugly, horrible people! They deserve to rot away 6 feet underground.

There's a knock on my door once I leave the bathroom. I walk towards the door and open it to reveal my best hospital mate. Angela and I have been best friends ever since we saw each other because we instantly knew we were meant to be friends.

"Hey Angie, what's up?" I ask as I make space in the doorway for her. She steps through with a sad look and I frown. She's never like this.

"Angie?" I ask, now alarmed that there's something wrong. I notice her sniffles.

"Who made you cry?!" I exclaim, about ready to draw blood.

She chokes back a sob and whispers, "You."

I stand shocked. What? Me?

"Why?" I lean down and sit beside her.

"Because you're leaving us all and we won't see each other ever again!" Angie yells at me and cries harder.

I rub her back and whisper soothing things. Trying to calm us both down.

"Breathe okay? It's only that I've gotten better and they've decided to set me free," I grin at her. She glares back at me.

"Liar!" She exclaims and throws a pillow at me. "They would never let you out so quick anyway," she pouts.

I smile at her and nod.

"I'll miss you, all of you," I say once I hear footsteps coming from the doorway.

Everyone I know at this hospital came to say bye. Over 70 people of all ages.

Angela was the saddest one of all. I gave her a hug and told her I'd visit and try and get her out one day. She nodded and agreed only because she didn't want to argue anymore. I didn't either.

I got in the cab and gave the cabbie my address to my home. It's all mine because Mom and Dad made sure to leave me a roof over my head and since I'm 18 I can live on my own.

I get out, pay him, and head inside. I unpack everything I had from the hospital and make myself some dinner. I had gone shopping earlier.

School starts tomorrow. Well for me it does because I've been absent for a while. It's already Halloween month and I'm ready to get scared by anything. I always loved Halloween because I could dress as anyone I wanted. Plus all the free candy!

I really hope I like this new school.

I get ready for bed by midnight and fall asleep quietly and soundly.

Hope this school is worth my last few days on Earth.