Chapter One

Chapter 001: Handkerchief

As the blinding lights set over the entire venue. I sat alone in a bar, with an empty glass and left-over foods on the table before me, watching my friends on the dance floor as they enjoyed a significant moment in their life. Worrying less, and just feeling the night.

My heart ached with a pain that felt almost physical- a constant, dull pulse that refused to fade away. It had been months since the breakup, but the hurt was still so raw, so palpable.

I looked down at the charm bracelet he gave me. A sad smile crept on my lips, as I remember the promise he build with this bracelet.

I thought back to the days when everything had felt so perfect, when I and him had laughed and loved and dreamed together. It had been inseparable, we are each other's everything. But now, I was left with nothing but memories and a shattered heart.

"Daisy! Why are you there and all left alone? Tumayo ka diyan! Sayang ang gabi, let's have some fun!" My best friend Nica immediately approaches me, when she saw me looking lonely sitting alone, while the others are jumping on every beat of the bar.

I raised my gaze at her, feeling so lifeless, that everything feels like gray and black, "Wala ako sa mood, why did you even bring me here?"

"I wanted to help you ease your thought. I am so worried about you!"

Napasinghap na lang siya at lumapit para umupo sa tabi ko, the dress she is wearing ay tumaas ng kaunti nang umupo siya, "You know that I never liked him. He is so toxic! Like toxic toxic! Ilang beses ko nga 'yon nakita na may kasamang babae? He is a CHEATER! For pete's sake Daisy!"

"Sinabi niya na kaibigan niya lang yun! Dahil wala daw siyang ibang kaibigan!"

Nica arched a brow, "Kaibigan pero magka-holding hands? Wala na kayo Daisy pero bulag ka pa rin?! Wake up!" she even hold both of my arms to shake the hell out of me.

Napailing-iling na lang ako, she is just convincing me na mag-move on, kaya sinisiraan niya ang ex ko. Nasasaktan ako sa the way na she called him toxic. Kung toxic siya, edi sana nilayuan ko na siya matagal pa 'diba?

"Hindi ako bulag! I am not a selfish person, ang hirap naman pag wala kang ibang kaibigan 'diba? Tsaka... he said ang reason niya kaya siya nakipag-break sa 'kin kasi gusto daw niya maging single muna?" I said while remembering the text message he sent me, breaking up with me.

Napatayo na lang si Nica at lumapit para pitikin ang noo ko. Napa-aray ako at masama siyang tinignan, I held my forehead and softly touch it. That hurts! Why did she did that?

"You're a hopeless case! Wala na akong magawa sa 'yo. Basta iiyak mo na lang lahat 'yan, ilabas mo lahat hangga't sa maubos ka." that was her last words, before she left me there, and go back to where she was earlier.

I came here because I thought that I need to find a way to move on. To relax my negative thoughts for a little while, a breather to be exact. I wanted so bad to heal the wounds that he had inflicted upon me.

But how do you mend a heart that has been broken so thoroughly? How do you rebuild a new life once again, that has bren shattered into a million pieces?

I never think that I can never find happiness again. I can never wear the genuine smile I was once wore when he was still with me. When we were still together.

I sat there, lost in thought, a small part of me wondered if I would ever be able to truly
love again. But for now, all I could do was cling to the hope that maybe, just maybe, tomorrow would be a little bit easier than today.