𝟰) 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗪𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘

ACT 04

At last, the day of the Play

Throughout the various weeks of rehearsals, Poppy and Creek grew closer and Poppy felt it was finally the confident in confessing to him after the show. 

"Oh my goodness, You look impeccable," Satin and Chenille spoke. "Well, I can't take all the credit. You guy's are the genius behind this beautiful hairstyle after all." 

"Aw shucks, it's just a simple pony tail with a bow."

--❀--

"Looking sharp Branch," Biggie stomped in with his wardrobe costume. 

Branch laughed, "Thanks, Biggie. Chenille and Satin really added a bunch of sparkles onto my suit (for some reason).

"Shame, the role of Beast was given to somebody who's boring."

Branch teasingly replied, "If I remember correctly, rocks are supposed to shut up 24/7, right?" He stepped outside of the dressing room to avoid Creek's annoying face.

Branch and Poppy coincidentally bumped into each other. "Wow Branch, That costume really suits you!" Branch cleared his throat, "What are you implying?" They both laughed it off, "Hey Branchifer, I'm planning on confessing my feelings to Creek. Mind wishing me luck?" 

Branch sighed, "Are you sure, Popifer? That guy?"

Poppy jumped, "Mhm! Mhm!"

Branch placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sorry but as your best friend since childhood. I do not give my luck, No hard feelings, Poppy."

He walked off disappointed as he stared at a polaroid of them as children.

Poppy felt a shiver down her spine, Was Branch allowing his jealousy to get the best of him? He did start to distance himself quite a bit after she'd started hanging with Creek after rehearsals. Whatever, that didn't matter. 

As of now, the play was Poppy's first priority. 

--❀--

Poppy-belle entered a mysterious romanesque castle, echoing, "Is anyone home?" She turned and twisted, "If only I hadn't asked for a rose from my father then I wouldn't be in this situation."

Step by step she gradually grew closer and closer to the stairs. Until she felt a light tap on her shoulder, "Ah!" 

Poppy-belle turned to a talking candle (played by Guy Diamond), "AH!"

In a french accent, it confidently spoke, "I'm sorry to ask of you this but could you please leave your shoes at the door?"

Poppy-belle took a deep breath, "How is a candle talking?"

A small teacup jumped, "It's a long story but we were all cursed by a witch."

Cogsworth (Cooper) and Mrs.Potts (Bridget) took a step forward, "Chip, What are you doing awake past your bedtime?"

Chip (Smidge) exclaimed, "I heard we we're having a new guest come."

Lumière (G.D) hushed, "That was supposed to be a secret!"

Chip raised their eyebrow, "Then why did the Beast scrapbook it into his diary."

Mrs. Potts (Bridget) chased after Chip, "You know you aren't allowed to take a step into his room."

Poppy-belle laughed, "Say, When do I get to meet this 'Beast?'"

Lumière (G.D) huffed, "No offense but in that outfit you dare to ask such question."

Poppy-belle hissed, "Hey! What's wrong with it?"

The little candle facepalmed, "Girlie! Capes are so last season." He reached for a nearby magazine and tossed it on the floor in hopes she would pick it up.

"See this?"

Poppy-belle's eyes glistened, "The new turquoise flower-esk dress? That is known to be made from an expensive luxury brand. No common folk like me could ever dare waste a single cent on that."

"Uh uh!" Cogsworth (Cooper) stepped in, "The Beast had requested an order of this dress in hopes of your arrival. You shall both meet when tea time hits."

Poppy-belle jumped, "Wow! Really? I seriously cannot wait to meet this 'Beast!'"

--❀--

"I take back what I said before, You're a grumpy hot headed over grown child!"

The beast (Branch) slammed the table, causing the plates and table cloth to break to shreds. "I will not tolerate that rude remark from some greedy peasant who requests roses from some stranger's garden."

Poppy-belle's eyes widened, she covered her face in hopes of hiding her tears and ran straight to her room.

--❀--

Cogsworth (Cooper) and Lumière (Guy Diamond) both attempted to calm down the beast.

"Beast, Tsk. Tsk Tsk. That is no way to treat a lady. You gotta be gentle, calming, understanding...the syllables go on."

Mrs. Potts (Bridget) agreed with Cogsworth, "Perhaps apologize by doing something nice for m'lady. Like..bringing her to the most romantic room in this castle...You know."

The beast (Branch) crossed his arms, reflecting over his actions, "Although I'm a literal monster, I shouldn't let that be my whole personality. I'll take your advice Mrs. Potts, thank you." 

He got up and walked away. "Say what about us," Cogsworth and Lumière chanted.

---

AND THATS A WRAP!

THANK YOU FOR READING ACT 4!