𝟮) 𝗔𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

ACT 02

Poppy sprinted to the Auditorium, "MADE IT!" She scooted her way through while also giving her salutations to everyone she knew, "Barb! Guy Diamond, Cooper, Satin & Chenille

Poppy sprinted to the Auditorium, "MADE IT!" She scooted her way through while also giving her salutations to everyone she knew, "Barb! Guy Diamond, Cooper, Satin & Chenille. Hey!"

"Where's Branch?"

Twisting and turning, she panicked that is until she was tapped on the shoulder by a familiar aura. "Branchifer! I-"

Her eyes soon laid onto Creek whom held out a basket filled with sweets and treats. "What is this all for?" Creek gently spoke, "Mind if we change the setting to somewhere more private." All of Poppy's friends chanted, "oOoO" or "Poppy and Creek sitting in a tree ♫"

 He led her the dresser room (where she originally aimed to be). Bending down on one knee, with a kiss on Poppy's hand to soon follow. "You see, Poppy. As the (soon to be) Belle of the ball, I couldn't help but wish you the grandest amount of luck in your audition."

Creek handed out a (familiar but) mysterious paper in his hand and Poppy simply grabbed it in return.

--❀--

Without making a sound, Branch quickly stormed in the room. "Hey Popifer, Sorry I'm late. As pinky-promised I came." 

--❀--

He paused, Poppy held the same drawing he had lost the day before. A sketch of the Princess herself, Poppy. 

"You got my button nose right! Awe, You even included my hug-time bracelet and flower crown. Creek, I could literally ramble on forever on how amazing this is. Thank you." She wrapped her arms around Creek, embracing his (shallow) aura. 

Noticing Branch, Creek smiled cheekily as he brushed his crusty musty cheeto dust-filled hands through her hair in an aim to trigger a sense of jealousy in him. 

In a suppressed rage, Branch separated the pair in opposite directions, "Hug-time doesn't start till an hour later." Continuing to push Creek out the door, he said his goodbyes, "Now, if you'll excuse us. She has to reread the script, Ba-Bye now!" He shamelessly slammed the door.

"What was that all about? You're better than that, Branch." She crossed her arms in frustration and aggressively plopped onto the couch. "Do you think I'm un-capable of the love?"

"No, I'm just comfortable enough to stand up when theres a red flag around."

Poppy stuffed a dark chocolate bar into Branch's mouth, "I asked you to come to support me. Not stir up drama." Branch spat out the chocolate and sighed, "That drawing was stolen from the original creator." He sat next to Poppy, "Not to mention, he isn't merely capable enough to draw that. He got an F- in Art class, AND he colors outside the lines in coloring books. The nerve of him."

The announcements sparked, "May Miss. Poppy, please report to the stage?"

"That is so shallow of you to assume Creek is below mediocre in art! What if he practiced and got better, hm? We'll continue this later. Thanks for showing up regardless, Branch." Poppy slowly stepped out.

Branch laid out his hand, "But..I didn't even get a chance to braid your-"

The door closed, "Your hair..." 

--❀--

Poppy spun to the center of the stage, repeating the saying 'Here goes nothing' endlessly. "Hello, I'm Poppy and I'm here to audition for the role: of Belle." She cleared her throat, "There goes the baker with his tray, like always. The same old bread and rolls..." 

--❀--

After school, Branch was left on cleaning duty. He informed Poppy to simply go forth without him as he felt that they needed space after his reaction earlier. 

"Stupid Creek, Stupid me! Why did I lose my cool under a manner of three seconds." He wiped the letters written in chalk on the board furiously. "He shouldn't have claimed my work as his own. That's a low, even for me. Not to mention," He flashbacks to Poppy and Creek sharing a hug, and him stroking her. He sighed, "Looks like I'm done here, I should just go home and get some rest."

He walked to the entrance nearby, "Looks like it seems to be raining quite heavily." Branch took out his umbrella and turned to a teacher who seemed oddly familiar. "Hey, Are you okay?" Branch walked towards her, "Oh yes dear, I seem to have forgotten to watch the forecast today and to bring an umbrella as a matter of fact. Haha." 

Branch held out his umbrella, "You could have it instead, Miss?" 

"Miss. Pebble-blossom! I'm the drama teacher around here."

She accepted his offer, "May I ask, who are you?"

He lent his hand out, "Name's Branch." Miss. Pebble-blossom shook his hand. "Oh but what about you sweet pea, Your clothes are going to get all wet." 

Branch proudly showed his extra umbrella in his bag, "I happen to be prepared for these types of occasions."

She laughed and wished Branch a safe journey home.

Mumbling under her breath, she confidently commented, "I think I found the perfect Beast for this play..."

---

AND THATS A WRAP!

THANK YOU FOR READING ACT 2!