Part 19: Making It Up

Start from the beginning

"Do you really think I look alright? I mean this is one of Kenny's old outfits and I don't want to look like a tramp..." You asked your two friends.

Kenny had the foresight to make his will, in which he left all his possessions, spare his infamous ripper knife (which had gone to Levi), to you. That included all of his clothes, which just so happened to fit you almost perfectly.

"Relax." Eren advised. "Mikasa is head over heels for you, so I wouldn't worry about what she thinks, so long as you put in effort, smell nice and don't say anything stupid, she'll definitely let you smash."

You elbowed Eren in the nose, not enough to cause it to bleed, but enough to hurt.

"Don't say that. First off she's pretty much our sister, so that's really weird coming from you. And secondly I don't want to take advantage of her like that. There's going to be alcohol at the Ball and I don't want to do something to her that she might not want when she's sober."

"Fuck... Speak for yourself man... I don't know about you but if Mina was willing, I'd go all the way with her."

You smacked Eren again, your little brother never would learn, would he...

"Don't speak about our dead comrades like that, the point of the Ball is to appreciate what they did for us. That's extremely disrespectful."

Armin sighed before speaking up.

"Really Eren, you're only making things worse for yourself right now. I mean, like who you like but don't be so crude about it..."

Eren was holding his nose again.

"Oh yeah? And who do you plan to take to the ball? Huh Armin?"

The blonde quickly stared at the floor with a blush on his face before looking up again.

"I know it will never happen, especially considering she's an enemy titan, but I was honestly hoping to ask out Annie. Though I know I'd probably get beat up if I asked her..."

You stepped down from the stool, guiding Armin onto it and positioning him in front of the mirror as you put your hands on his shoulders.

"You're right about that... There are plenty of fine women around though. You'll find someone who'll treat you right and won't be an enemy of humanity. When that time comes Armin, I'll be at your side, nudging you to take that first step."

You patted him down and got bits of fluff off his suit jacket.

"Thanks Y/N. That means a lot considering how much you have to do and that you'd spare time for me. Anyways, who are you bringing to the ball Eren? I heard that Petra was going to try and bring Levi and that Ymir would be going with Historia!"

Eren looked down, and then up with a blush.

"I... Don't actually have anyone to take yet."

"Really? Mr Eren Yeagar, titan-slaying hero of Trost, without a date to the Scout's Ball? Now that's something I wasn't expecting." You teased.

"Oh shut up Y/N, you've had Mikasa wrapped around your finger since she started living with us in Shiganshina. You never had to work to pull ladies."

"And what does that say about you? Even Connie has a date, he's going with Sasha. Though I did hear that Jean didn't have anyone either, maybe you and him should go together. I'd have a good laugh about it."

"I'd rather jump on top of Levi while covered in mud then go with horse-face. Though I did hear that Frieda was single, and hopefully ready to mingle."

"Dude, can you stop hitting on my sisters please? My family tree is weird enough already, and I don't want you and her adding to it."

"I'm just playing, though I'm pretty sure Hannes is going as well. So that's probably gonna be your chance to explain where you've been these last few years to him properly."

"That's only if I'm not flat on my ass, blackout-drunk by the time he's had enough to drink."

"I heard he has actually been slowing down on the alcohol recently, that advice you gave him years ago really did seem to help him."

You gave a smile as you slapped Armin on the back and brought him down from the stool as you pushed Eren up.

"Well it's good to know he's getting his life in order. I think we all need some sort of routine and familiarity nowadays, with all this titan and basement and enemy bull crap."

"Yeah... Makes you wonder what Dad might be keeping in that cellar though, y'know?"

"Maybe more books about the sea..." Armin suggested.

"Or an accurate estimation of the strength of our enemies." Eren considered.

"Perhaps a way to break the 13 year curse. Or just some random medicine crap..." You muttered.

"Either way, I think we should be focusing on how to not die during the next expedition." Armin continued.

"What is there to focus on? Eren seals the gates, Ymir and I fight if needed and the rest of the squad backs us up. Nothing else to it."

"You're not wrong, but I feel there may be more to it then just that." Armin said.

"We shouldn't be focusing on something like that right before the Scout's Ball. It's meant to honour the dead, not predict who will join them."

Armin grumbled, but didn't say anything as Eren stepped down from the stool.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I want to borrow you and Mikasa a few days before the ball. I need your help to build a house."

"And you say I'M irresponsible..." Eren sighed.

<==To be continued...===============