"wait excuse me!" su-ae yells and starts chasing after him. you sigh and follow her.

"wait a second!-" she says but you notice a bike coming straight for her so you push her out of the way and the bike slams into you instead.

you open your eyes to voices asking if you're okay. you see su-ae and someone dressed in all black.

"wait, who even are you?" su-ae finally asks.

the person lifts up their hat a bit and pulls down their mask, revealing that he's dohwa. you already knew this, of course.

"let's get you up." he turns his attention to you and both him and su-ae reach out their hands. you grab onto both and lift yourself up from the ground. you stumble onto dohwa, feeling lightheaded.
'why is my head always getting hurt in this world???????'
"sorry." you say to him. "su-ae you don't have to stay with us, i know you have an important art exam." you tell her.

"are you sure? i wouldn't want to leave you here alone...with..." her eyes glance up to dohwa.

"hey!" he fakes being offended which makes you laugh, they truly are an amazing duo.

"yes i'm sure. now go do well on your test and make me proud." you joke.

she hesitates before slowly nodding her head and leaving, looking back at you and dohwa every now and then.

——

you're now sitting on a bench near a water fountain, waiting for dohwa to get back from a convenience store. you tried to tell him you could go with but he refused.

'fuck it stings." you look at the scrape on your knee.

you see a person dressed in all black making his way over to you before plopping himself on the ground in front of your knee. he took off his mask and hat and put it on the bench beside you.

he started to take the bandaids from the bag which surprised you.

"hey- it's okay i can do it mysel-" he grabbed your ankle and put it in between his legs not saying a word. he gently put a bandaid on your scrape.

you looked down at his big hands that were gently touching your knee. and at his focused gorgeous brown eyes that reflected the sunlight; they were slightly covered by his fluffy blonde hair that swayed in the gentle breeze. he looked up making eye contact with you and it felt like time paused, like no one was around you two, like you were the only one that got to see his beauty at that moment.

but then his phone started ringing, he almost immediately declined but you still managed to read the "manager" that was written on it.

that's when you started hearing whispers and murmurs. you lifted your head up to see all eyes on dohwa. that's when you were hit with reality and the fact that his heart count was 7.8 billion. you were just a side character. how would you be able to have a chance with him? especially with the female lead on the loose. although, you have been taking her place in scenes with dohwa...

"hey hey look..!" a female voice whispered to her friend.

"it's dohwa baek."

.

"don't you know? he's super famous for being good looking. all the girls giggle when they talk about him."

"him? i don't think he's that good-looking..."

'woah it really is like the webtoon' you think.

you notice dohwa frown and furrow his eyebrows, "everyone's looking at you and talking about you." you say, stating the obvious because that's what su-ae did in the webtoon.

he puts on a fake, trying to be genuine, smile, "i'm used to it."

"really? you don't look that used to it. in fact, you look uncomfortable." you pause and think wwsd (what would su-ae do?) then you remember what she did in the webtoon. "wanna wear your hat?" you kick your feet a bit.
'THANKS SU AE I LOVE U I OWE U' you think.

you see his eyes light up a bit before he tilts his head down. "yeah." he pauses while fixing his hair, "put it on me."

once again the wind favours him as his hair sways in the wind perfectly.
'he truly is so handsome. i need to stop thinking that. i'll never get a chance with him.' you think to yourself.

you whack the hat on his head before saying "i guess being popular has it's cons. sucks to suck." you get up and walk away "oh look at the time." you stop dead in your tracks.
"HOLY FUCK FUCK FUCK I FORGOT TO PICK UP MY SISTER" you bite your fingernail.

"where was i supposed to pick her up? mc donald's? underground subway? ah yes! the art academy! how do i get to the art academy...?"

——

after a five minute walk you reach the academy, having lost dohwa a while ago. at the front of the entrance is a face that you've seen in one too many family photos hanging up in your apartment.
'that must be ha-na!' you think to yourself.

"Y/NNNNNNN!" she yells while running towards you. you open up your arms instinctively and she jumps into them. after a few seconds she pats your back to let her down so you lower yourself to let her feet touch the ground before letting go.

"you're late." she pouts, crossing her arms.

"only by...a f...ew minutes..." you stutter, unsure of what time it is.

"by 15..." she raises her eyebrow.

"okay well i have a perfectly good explanation for that...and that is....uh...hey do you wanna get mcdonald's!!!?"

her eyes light up, "really?! you mean it?" she doesn't even let you answer before she starts dragging you by your sleeve, probably to the nearest mcdonald's.

there's something about how perfectly the conversation flows when you're with her. it must be the sisterly bond, even though you're not her real sister. but still, it's nice since you never had something like this in your past life.

——

"mom! dad! we're home!" ha-na calls out and your parents immediately show up. they hug and kiss her, showing so much affection and love while including you too.

"what's this?" your mom looks at the toys and food ha-na had gotten from mcdonald's.
"y/n bought it!" she pointed her finger.
"y/n...." your mom starts. you get scared and flinch, noticing her tone. she's not gonna hit you right? or talk about you wasting their time and money?
"i cant believe you forgot to tell her we were making a full course mess meal today to celebrate, honey!" your mom shifted the blame to your dad. you feel relief course throughout your body and you relax your shoulders.

your dad kisses her wrinkles, "i'll make it up to you."

"grosssss." ha-na bleh's. "let's eat, please, i'm starving."

you all agree and they make their way to the kitchen table.

'it feels like i can finally feel comfortable in my own home.' you think to yourself.

"y/n?" your parents call out.

"coming." you smile.

a/n: the character i replaced with y/n was actually called kang ha-na so in honour of her i named y/n's sister ha-na. and i was going to make y/n's last name kang but it probably would've made you guys think y/n was minu's sister.