5

Luckily Transfigurations was the last class of the day so we got Mattheo back to his dorm quickly.

"I don't know what's gotten into him." I closed the door behind me and looked at everyone with concerned looks on their faces.

"Is he really sick or did something else happen?" Blaise asked crossing his arms.

"He's been off lately. I don't know exactly what, but I do feel like something else happened. But, he's been drunk like this before, right. Like last year, it's fine." My eyes darted to each person of the group and back again quickly.

"Yeah, when he was deep in it." He shrugged. "What do you mean, deep in it?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It means," Theodore spoke up. "That Mattheo is going back to his dark place.." he said.

"That's awful." I sighed, my heart aching for Mattheo. I wonder what he's hurting about. It could be his father, or past trauma.

"Well what should we do?" I looked at everyone, wanting an immediate answer. "I don't really know, Margot." Theodore shrugged. "He's always shut us out and dealt on his own. The only person he'll trust is you or Malfoy." He told me.

"Where is Draco?" I asked looking around, noticing that he wasn't here. "He disappeared after classes, I dunno." Enzo said.

"Okay, well, I should take care of Theo then." I began to open the door behind me but Pansy stopped me. "You're sleeping with us tonight, right?" She asked.

"Shit, I'm sorry, Pansy. Mattheo's just not feeling well and I have to be here for him. Another night, okay?" I looked at her and she sighed with a nod then left.

The group left and I came back into his dorm. I feel bad for missing out on this girls night with Pansy and the girls but I also feel bad not being here for Mattheo and whatever's been going on with him.

It was now close to night time and Mattheo was in and out of consciousness, begging me for more alcohol, kisses, or just anything really.

I prepared a trash bin next to him and looked around for something to do.

"M?" He said from the bed.

"Hm?" I turned around.

"Do you still love me? After..after everything I did." He asked me, and he sounded sad asking.

"Of course I do. Why would you think I don't?" I sat down beside him. I know he's drunk, but it's important for me to still listen to him.

"Because I'm a horrible person. Can you seriously imagine-" he stopped.

"Imagine what?" I raised a brow.

He turned to the side and started to vomit, thankfully his aim was in the trash bin. I gently rubbed his back as he threw up all the liquid he'd drank today.

——————

It was the next morning and Mattheo had been the first to wake up like usual, I was awoken by his loud groaning.

"I feel like I slammed my head into concrete." He pressed a pillow onto his face.

"Maybe because you got shit-faced during the day." I rolled over on my side to face him.

He took the pillow off of his face. "Was it bad? I can hardly remember a thing." He ran a hand through his hair.

"Theo, why did you even drink?" I sat up.

"I just needed to not feel anything." He sat up with me. "Feel what? What did you dream about?" I pleaded. Could this dream be the issue?

"Is it a fucking crime to drink when you don't want to face reality for a bit?" He said annoyed.