Finally we cut around a sharp corner and I stepped into a classroom. A sign on the wall read:

CLASSROOM WITH TSUNAMI!

My sister! She's teaching us? Okay, this might go better than expected. "Hello! It's me, Tsunami. Welcome to your first class. Nice work finding the cave." Tsunami greeted us with a warm-ish smile. If I'm being honest it looked more conniving than warm. "You must be Carnelian and Kinkajou- Skua!"

"Hi, sis!" I said rushing over to hug my half-sister. "You've done an excellent job at remembering everybody's name Tsunami."

"Thank you Skua. It helps since I know some of them from before,"

"Like me!" Kinkajou butted in. I laughed at her scales when they flashed bright yellow.

"And Turtle! Hey, everyone, this is my brother! Can you believe I have a brother? Or a million brothers, apparently. I'm just assuming Turtle's the best, since he's standing here right now." Tsunami ranted.

"It's true. I am." I could tell Turtle was hating all of the attention Tsunami had brought onto him. I knew my brother more than I actually knew myself.

"Oh, you're Umber, right?" Kinkajou asked the MudWing that had just walked in.

"That's right." He replied.

"Oh, good, here comes the last two pairs. After yesterday, we decided to switch around a bit. You're all interested in scavengers, so it seemed fitting." Tsunami said. Oh, moons no!

Luckily the first two to arrive were Moon, the NightWing from yesterday, and my little sister, Ice. 

But the next two were the dragons I was dreading to see. They both were eyeing me with such intensity it made me seem even more nervous. My stomach was doing backflips, and frontflips, and twisting all over the place. I felt it was eventually going to twist itself into a pretzel and then pop. The two boys stared me down my cheeks flushed with all the added attention, especially from a prince and a sort-of-maybe-prince. 

My older sister gladly came to my rescue, "Let's introduce ourselves. Maybe it's unnecessary, but Sunny said we should. And then she said I probably wouldn't listen to her, so there. I'm Tsunami. I was going to call myself commander of recruitment, but everyone voted I'd be terrible at recruiting and made me head of school instead. So I'm pretty much the boss." I see why they made her the boss. I thought. She can be so bossy, like over the summer she came home and made us all do laps around the gardens until our wings bruised. Good times. "Any questions?" She finally finished.

"What if I prefer to be with dragons from my tribe? Such as my sister?" Winter asked haughtily. I rolled my eyes, he couldn't get anymore stupid could he?

"Are we stuck with these groups?" Carnelian said, her voice overtaking Winter's.

"That's not how I'd put it, Carnelian, but yes." Tsunami answered.

"When do we get to eat?" The MudWing- Umber- asked. "Just pretending to be Clay." He laughed nervously and looked at Qibli as if he was thinking. Did he like that? Does he think I'm funny? What does he think of me?

It was a bit unnerving honestly. Well for the most part because Umber seemed to be a tail kisser and because Winter and Qibli's eyes both moved to the elephant in the room, me, from time to time. Why am I so self-conscious about what these two random dragons think of me? "Right. Introductions. Carnelian want to go first?" Tsunami asked the bright red SkyWing.

"I'm Carnelian."

"Anything else? Family, favorite color, anything?" Tsunami pressed.

"I'm loyal to Queen Ruby. I believe Queen Scarlet's dead, but if not, I'd happily kill her. I should be with my battalion, but my queen sent me here." She remarked, "And my favorite color is red."

𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐚 | 𝐐𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢 𝐗 𝐎𝐂On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara