the next day

i was 'studying' at the library, waiting for my group of friends to finish with their extracurriculars so we can go out to eat but since it was already so late they all just decided to go home (i guess the other y/n wasn't that important to them?). but i decided to stay and study since my...mom—it still feels a bit weird calling her that even though i've been in this body for almost 3 weeks—has been scolding me for getting bad grades. it's not my fault this school system is a lot harder than my previous one!

i was deep in thought, doodling in my notebook, when i feel someone's foot touch mine. i immediately retract my foot but then get annoyed. they have so much space and decided to take up my space too??

i write "can you please move your foot?" on a sticky note and slide it under the tiny gap that's at the bottom of the wall separating us. after a few seconds they slide another sticky note back to me saying "but i did it on purpose." my face scrunches up in disgust. who does this creep think they are??? i stand up about to give them a piece of my mind when my eyes meet...dohwa's?!

wait. did i take su-ae's place? isn't this supposed to be the scene where they become friends? oh well she doesn't need two boyfriends.

"what are you doing here" i write on a sticky note and slide it under.

"sleeping. can i have my slipper back?" he writes back.

slipper? why would i have his slipper? i look at my feet to see two mismatching slippers one black and the other one y/fc (your favourite colour). oh shit i'm basically a thief now. i write "sorry" on another sticky note with a drawing of a person asking for forgiveness.

it's silent for a few minutes so i figure that's that, unfortunately. i'm about to go back to drawing when he slides another note under which reads, "have you eaten yet?"

"no. do you like mcdonald's?" i write on a note and slide it under.

after a few seconds he stands up, smiling, and then mouths "let's go." while casually pointing to the exit.

so we walk to the mcdonald's near us while making small talk. it was a little awkward but anything for dohwa. we finally enter the mcdonald's.

"what are you gonna get?" he asks.

"a happy meal."

he shakes his head and laughs, "you're such a kid."

"what are you getting then?"

"a happy meal."

i roll my eyes, playfully. "of course."

we order our happy meals and while we're waiting i ask him, "hey, do you wanna go to the arcade? i can teach you how to be as good as me."

he grins, "so you think you're that much better than me huh?"

"not think, i know." i shrug with a smirk. this causes his grin to get wider but before he can respond a worker says our order number.

——

second person p.o.v:

you place your almost empty happy meal box beside the game you and dohwa were at.

"ready to get destroyed?" you laugh.

"are you?" he responds so confidently which makes you chuckle.

the game starts and you aim your gun at every monster, killing them as fast as you can. you see a big "WIN!" on your side and a big "LOSE!" on dohwa's side.

"you're really good." he finally admits.

"i am pretty good, arent i?"

"yeah."

"alright, i, an arcade game prodigy, shall teach you my ways." you announce which makes him slightly chuckle.

"okay so, the most important part is knowing how to hold your gun properly." you show him how to hold it and he mostly does it right except for one thing.

you reach your hand out and gently grab his, blushing a little, moving it to the underside of the gun. you clear your throat to distract yourself from how you just felt, "it's better to hold it here, since it's pretty heavy." he nods, his face unreadable.

"and now you just point it at a monster whenever one shows up."

it was a pretty simple and easy game (for you) yet he still couldn't move his hands fast enough to shoot the monsters in time.

"i'm gonna be honest, you just don't have any talent for this game." you sigh. he gives you sad puppy eyes.

"but i have to get to number one." he lifts his head up and looks in another direction. suddenly his face goes pale before grabbing your wrist and pulling you into a karaoke booth.

you notice a man that stood out "is that a loan shark?" you joke but he didn't even look at you.

you suddenly remember that when he was with su-ae in this scene, his dad(?) showed up. so you remember what su-ae did and followed her actions. in times like these just think to yourself, wwsd (what would su-ae do?).

throwing your dignity to the side, you turn on a random song and start singing like a crazy fangirl. you see him pass by your booth out of the corner of your eye and stop singing.

you hear dohwa clapping, "you've got mad singing skills too, teach." you glare but can't help but laugh.

"do you feel like singing now?" you ask, pointing the mic at him (reference to chapter 3 when dohwa told you he 'didn't feel like singing')

he sighs, "sure."

you've read about his singing skills before but wow.

"are you...sure you're a trainee?" no words could describe how bad of a singer he is.

he sighs, "i'm not. c'mon it's getting pretty late we should head home."

'did i...upset him?'

you walk out of the arcade trying to keep up with dohwa's pace. as you exit the building he pulls out three books from his bag.

"you're giving them all back? i thought it was one per lesson?" you question him.

"they're kinda too heavy to carry around." he avoids your gaze. he seems to be lying but a win is a win! you snatch them out of his hands and put them into your bag.

"see you." he has a little pout on his face. it's adorable.

"wait! when do you wanna meet next? we still have 5 lessons left!" you smile.

he smirks.

you exchange phone numbers, not that he'll answer you with all those notifications, and you both go on your merry way.