"sorry did i hurt your ears?" his voice softened as he asked.
yes. YES YOU DID MF
you put on a fake smile, "no don't worry about it." realizing that your arms were still around his you quickly let go and took a step back. but it was too late and su-ae had already seen.

suddenly the whole class started whipping dodgeballs at su-ae and eunhyuk. then minu grabbed a ball and threw it, aiming directly for su-ae's head; thankfully, eunhyuk caught it. you did a tiny and subtle happy dance, it was even better seeing it in person than reading about it. eunhyuk suddenly handed the ball over to su-ae and you immediately knew what was coming. 'should i dodge it or should i let it hit me so that she can get her revenge for all the shit the other y/n did...?' you think to yourself, but you must've taken too long because you soon felt a ball hit your head.

"fuck.." was all you could mumble, feeling a bit dizzy. damn was su-ae strong.

"i'm sorry-" su-ae tried to say before kang minu cut her off.
"hey su-ae why'd you throw it so hard?!"

"minu i'm fine really. that's what happens in dodgeball there's no reason to get mad at her. in fact you threw it at her ten times harder." you said still holding your head. su-ae and kang minu kept on going back and forth but all you could focus on was the pounding feeling in your head. plus, you already knew what they were saying since you read the webtoon like a thousand times.

"like y/n said, this happens when you play sports, why do you have to apologize so much?" eunhyuk finally spoke up.

the crowd started speaking up and agreeing with you and eunhyuk.

"kim y/n is your head okay?" eunhyuk laughed a bit at the end, "oh it's still in one piece!"

"hey what are you saying dummy, it hurts." you laughed along, a bit confused since you thought he disliked you.

kang minu approached you and eunhyuk while saying some things but you were only focused on su-ae. she held her arm up to her eyes before exiting the gym. eunhyuk noticed this too because he looked at her then gave you a look.

"sorry guys, i'll be right back," you announced to minu and eunhyuk. you could feel their eyes following you as you exited the gym in search of su-ae.

having read the webtoon time and time again, you knew where to find her.

you entered the 2nd year girls' bathroom.

"motherfucker," you heard sniffles from one of the stalls.

"su-ae...?" you called out. the sniffles stopped.

"y-y/n??" she asked confused.

"yeah, it's me, y/n. do you mind coming out? i wanna say a few things."

she steps out of the stall, eyes all puffy, "look if this is about kang minu again-"

"nono! don't worry, i dont like that prick anymore." she stared at you extremely confused so you took that as your chance to continue, "listen, i've been an asshole to you and i really want to apologize to you because you seem like a really cool person that i want to get to know better. and lately i've felt like a new person," literally, "because of my uh...memory loss...! so i cant really remember all the bad things i did to you but i just want to say sorry anyways."

"you mean...you don't remember the accident that happened between you and me last month...?"

"no, but i would appreciate if you could tell me so that i can own up to it."

she looked at you suspiciously, not really believing the words that came out of your mouth, "last month I caught you and minu kissing each other behind the school.and when i confronted you, you punched me so many times you knocked me out. the teachers had to get involved...you really don't remember?"

holy. shit. other y/n. what the fuck were you thinking.

"ohhh it now that you mention it, i'm starting to remember bits and pieces" you're not, "i truly am very sorry for my past actions and you don't have to forgive me but i hope you can."

you felt a weight being lifted off your shoulders as you left the bathroom. and it felt AMAZING. but still you shouldn't get your hopes up considering how terrible the other y/n was to su-ae.

you could feel su-ae wanting to say something but you thought it'd be best to let her think some more.

——

It was now after school. What an eventful day and you're not sure if that was a good thing.

After getting lost for a bit and wandering around the neighbourhood, you had finally found your apartment. It was partly because you saw a particular blonde walking into it, followed by a special purple haired girl. Unfortunately, you weren't able to catch up to them but fortunately, they led you to the elevator. And thankfully you had remembered from your previous encounter with ra-im that you lived on the 3rd floor.

There's a loud ding signalling that you had reached your floor. You walk out of the elevator and are about to turn a corner to get to your apartment door when you hear two voices that sounded exactly like su-ae and ra-im.

"Have you noticed that Y/n has been acting different recently?" You peek your head around the corner to see su-ae speaking while ra-im fumbles through her multiple and colourful keys.

"Hmm yeah, she's more friendly and down to earth than before. But it's only been a day...it could just be an act." Ra-im responds, still distracted by her keys.

"I know, I know, but she apologized to me." Su-ae says which makes ra-im turn her head around immediately to face su-ae, scaring you and making you retract your head from around the corner.

"She did?!?" She sounds extremely shocked. "Don't be fooled, it could still be a trick."

"It sounded genuine though..."

"Huh, maybe wait a few days to see if she really has changed or not. That big of a change overnight is impossible."

It's not a change of heart, it's reincarnation.

A sound of a key being put into a keyhole and turning can be heard in the halls. Then you hear a door open and their voices get quieter as they continue their conversation inside their apartment.

You didn't know whether to feel good or bad about overhearing their conversation.

But su-ae acknowledged your genuineness in your apology so a win is a win!!