Imlie had called him twice and had texted multiple times since noon but they had went unanswered by her husband. She frowned seeing no reply from him and an unease crept into her being, as she anxiously waited for a response from him.

Scrolling through the gallery of her phone, a smile formed on her lips as she came across the screenshots she had taken the previous evening.

Last night Imlie had set up a candle light dinner date for her parents, taking the advantage of the load shedding in Pagdandiya and had come up with an idea to plan a date for her parents, so as to give them some alone time to rekindle their love for each other, whose life had always revolved around as far as she could remember.
And ever since she had come home four days ago, they had been busy pampering her to their heart's content.

Meethi and Satyakam, had reluctantly given in to her demands after she had nagged them continuously, throwing tantrums like she used to as a kid.

She had set up a date for them in their small living room, using the minimal articles available from around the house and had lit up several candles on the coffee table, scattering fresh rose petals all around the room.
And had also managed to convince them to dress up themselves at their best, and the couple had agreed to their daughter, for they loved her too much to deny her wishes.

As she had finished preparing the dinner, Meethi and Satyakam had exited their room, the couple looking ever so beautiful and in love.
After showering them with enough compliments, Imlie had excused herself to her room with her plate of dinner, but not before playing some soft music and asking them to enjoy themselves with a mischievous smile, which had earned her a playful smack from her mother.

After retiring to her room, she had made the customary video call to Aryan, which had been their routine for the past four days, where they talked at length about the happenings of their day.
And the video call had lead to becoming an impromptu, virtual candle light date for the young couple.

Imlie's reverie was broken by the loud honk of a passing motor vehicle.

She glanced back at the slightly blurry screenshot on her mobile screen, with her thumb brushing gently over Aryan's picture.
She had been telling him about the way her parents had become flustered when she had asked them to enjoy their date, which had earned her a charming laughter from her husband and Imlie couldn't resist herself from capturing his smile, secretly taking a few screenshots.

A clearing of throat startled her and the mobile slipped from her hands. Looking up, she found her mother, greeting her with a teasing smile on her lips.

"Amma! You scared me." Imlie exclaimed in surprise as Meethi sat down beside her.

Before she could retrieve her phone from the ground, Meethi caught hold of it and studied the picture displayed on the screen.

"Aryan babu ki yaad aa rahi hai, gudiya?" Her smile widening as she questioned her daughter.

Quickly grabbing hold of her phone from her mother's hold, Imlie tried to stay unaffected by her mother's teasing, but failed as she felt her face heating up.

"Kya ho raha hai yahan?"
They were interrupted by Satyakam who had returned from the market.

Just as he placed the numerous bags he had held on the ground, a rich aroma of Ghee and Hing wafted throughout their surroundings.

"Kya leke aaye hain aap?" An excited Imlie asked her father as she rummaged through the bags.

"Kachori aur Balushahi. And the Rangoli colours you had asked for."
He replied, chuckling at her excitement at the mention of food.