"Are you on your own?" Chishiya asked her. Kuina was still not used to him being this way. Curious about how she's doing.

"Yeah, I've been on my own for a little while now. I wanted to look for you two and Ann." she explained.

"I see."

"How was the King of Diamonds?" Kuina asked him the same question you wanted to address.

"The King was no one other than our friend, Kuzuryu, from back at the Beach." the blonde revealed. "He was different, however. Content that I get to live and at peace with the fact that he gets to die."

"Does that bother you?" you asked him.

"I don't know. I'm still not used to people sacrificing themselves, but I think I kind of understand it now." he said and all you could do was look at him proudly. The look on your eyes was filled with the love you expressed to him earlier. He was becoming a good man. Worthy of you.

"God, Y/N, what did you do to him?" Kuina couldn't believe how drastically he changed.

"Believe it or not, it was all him. I admit, I did give him little pushes, but he took the initiative and realized things on his own." you praised him and Chishiya looked at you with some sort of softness in his eyes.

"You guys got a little too cheesy." Kuina cracked a little joke with some truth beneath it.

  Her words made you lock eyes with Chishiya, who seemed more at peace than you've ever seen him. You felt proud, because you've seen every side of him and this one was by far the best. You'd give anything to always have him by your side in his best mood.

"And don't you like it?" you teased her.

  "It's just kind of hard to get used to you guys being so... calm and happy. Together. You were usually at each other's throats and the only emotions you shared with each other were anger and frustration." she explained and then continued. "I'm glad everything worked out so well for you. You deserve it."

  "You deserve it too, Kuina. If anything, you're the one person that deserves happiness the most. And much more than that. Because believe it or not, you've always been there for me when I needed it during this madness. I think it's time you start to be there for yourself as much as you've been there for others." the conversation slowly started to feel as a goodbye, once your vision started to get blurry.

  Everything you just said made Kuina think deeply and she only discovered truth beneath every one of your words. It was just the way she was. Considerate of others and always trying to make them feel better. It slowly became the only thing she knew how to do, making her forget that there was someone more important. Herself. So in that moment, a tear escaped her eye as she finally felt free from the cage she built for herself. She never would've thought that you'd be holding the key to her freedom.

  "Thank you. To you both. Y/N you will forever be my truest friend that I got to make in such a dark place. And Chishiya, I'll always remember you as the one person who was always down to earth and influenced me into being the same." then, Kuina suddenly hugged you. And it felt like a real goodbye, as if you'll never see one another again. But that was just impossible, was it? A friendship like this doesn't just disappear, the bond is tighter than that.

  "Chishiya, say something." you whispered to him while still hugging Kuina. He stood weirdly on your right, just watching the scene play out in front of his eyes.

  "If I say something, that would really make it feel as if we won't see each other ever again, am I right?" he stated and that made the two of you let go of each other. "None of us want that, so I'll just settle by telling you to take care."