𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Hurry. Don't wanna miss anything," Kie pointed out, and they all began moving a little bit faster. Once they got to the top, they crouched down and looked out at the half-constructed building. They could see the outline of the two men through the wall.

JJ looked over at the Heyward boy, squinting through the rain so that he could see the camera in his hands and make sure that it was working. "You rolling, Pope?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them," he answered. After a couple of seconds of waiting and watching, he informed them, "Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag."

"Guys, I think this is a payoff," the Maybank boy told them, and no one replied to him. They just kept waiting for Pope to give them an update on what was happening.

He kept watching through the camera, and then he spoke up again. "Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward."

"Why?" Kie questioned.

Pope shrugged and shook his head slightly, careful not to angle the camera away or miss anything. "I don't know, but he sure looks mad."

"Maybe if this fucking rain wasn't so loud, we could hear what they were saying," the brunette girl piped in because she was really curious as to what was making Gavin so mad. Maybe they could use that to convince him to testify against Rafe and Ward.

They went back to what they were doing, and the three without the camera could only see two silhouettes when they were in the light. The rest was up to Pope. He muttered, "Shit."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah," the blonde boy mumbled, and Bree looked a little closer to see that the two people seemed to be wrestling or fighting or something.

Kie furrowed her eyebrows, looking to each of her friends. "What's going on?"

"I don't know," Pope told her, and even though he had the clearer shot, he could not tell what was happening between the two men. "They're fighting over something."

"Eh, 'fighting' might not be the best way to describe it," the Callaway girl corrected him, making a face as she watched what was happening across the street with a confused expression.

Pope nodded in agreement, and he looked really focused on the fight. They needed that footage to show to someone to get people to believe them and clear John B's name so that he could come home. "Yeah, it's mostly just Ward kicking the shit out of Gavin."

"Why are they fighting?" JJ questioned, even though they had already established that none of them had any clue why.

"I don't know." They fell silent for another moment, the only sound was the rain pounding against the pavement around them. Sometimes, when there was a little bit of a lull in the storm, they could hear the grunts of the two men. Pope's eyes widened. "Holy shit. Ward's got a gun."

Kie said, "I bet that's the murder weapon." They kept watching as Ward held the gun in his hand, and the Cameron man was about the walk away when Gavin said something that made him mad.

So, he turned around and fired two shots at him.

"Holy shit!" Bree exclaimed as Pope and Kie gasped. Ward just tried to kill Gavin because he knew about what happened on the tarmac. If he did that to some random guy that he could just pay off, then what would he do to four teenagers that had proof of him murdering someone.

"No, no, no, no," the Carrera girl denied, her voice shaky with tears because they may have just witnessed a murder. "That did not just happen. What is going on?"

The blonde boy looked over to Pope who was getting back up to his knees and continuing to film. "Tell me you just got that."

"Enough to put this asshole away for life," the Heyward boy answered angrily. He noticed that Ward was walking over to the edge, and if they stayed there, he would be able to see them. "Oh, no. Get down. Get down."