San Barbs

"Jeez, this box is heavy. What the heck did you pack in here?" I complained to Laura as I picked up one of her boxes.

"Probably my school textbooks. That reminds me, I start UCLA on Monday so you will have to continue unpacking everything." I nod as she carries one of the many, many, many boxes inside our new home.

I looked around a the neighbourhood quickly. It seemed pretty quiet and chill and nobody had stopped by yet but maybe now we have a massive removal truck parked outside our house people might realise we've just moved in. I was hoping to have friendly neighbours because the ones I had in New York were dreadful. I had a lady next to my apartment who had 3 kids and she was barely 24. A guy named Joey, who was a total creeper and Jen and Frank who were constantly screaming at each other and smashing up their apartment. Which for the most part was actually amusing.

"ALENA!! WHY DID YOU FORGET TO MENTION WE HAVE A FUCKING POOL IN OUR BACKYARD." I broke out of my trance and dropped the box I was carrying and everything inside fell out onto our front drive.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breathe.

"Here let me help." I looked up to see a tall guy bend down and help me pick up the stuff and put it in the box.

"Oh, thank you." I said surprised at his gesture. "I guess people are different here than people in New York." I said shaking my head and laughing to myself.

"What do you mean?" He said smiling faintly at my comment.

"Well let's just say that in New York if you dropped your shit all over the floor people will just carry on walking or worse walk over your shit like it's not there." I said causing him to chuckle as I stood up and dusted myself off. "I'm Alena by the way." I introduced myself, sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"Paul." He smiled as he stood up to shake my hand. He had very tan skin, which isn't surprising I mean he lives in California. He had blonde hair to match and blue eyes that stood out from everything else.

"Oh I know who you are." I said laughing. "I think most people on the planet would recognise you."

Imagine living right next to a massive movie star and not even realising who they were?

"Well I wish people didn't." He said unenthusiastically. I smiled slightly.

"Isn't it a good thing? You must get all the ladies attention." I said nudging him slightly before stepping into my house slightly and placing the box down to the side in the foyer.

Paul was about to speak up when her was interrupted by the incomparable Laura Taylor.

"You would not believe what I found in the-" She stopped herself as her eyes landed on Paul. I stifled a laugh as he stood there awkwardly.

"Hi I'm Paul nice to meet you...?" He said putting his hand out in front on him.

"Laura." She slightly whispered. She was clearly shell shocked about Paul Walker being in our house and I quite frankly found it very amusing.

"Well I better head out I've got many errands to do today. If you need anything just come by anytime." He said while a welcoming smile on his face as he turned around and walked up the front drive.

"Thank you!" I shouted as I waved slightly he held his hand up and nodded back at me.

"Are there any more surprises I don't know about?" She said as soon as Paul was out of sight. She had her hand on her hip glaring at me.

"What?" I said confused by her question.

"When was you going to tell me that we moved right opposite Paul Walker." She whisper yelled still paranoid that he might over hear us which is very unlikely.

"I just found out like 5 minutes ago so slow your roll Loz." I announce hoping she would chill the fuck out. "Please do not act like a crazy fan, I'm sure it annoys the hell outta him." I can't imagine how annoying it is to just want to have a normal conversation with someone and all they want it an autograph or a picture then fuck off.

"I wouldn't dream of it!" She said picking up her box and taking it upstairs. "By the way the pool isn't working properly so once we fix that we can have a barbecue and invite some neighbours over." She disappeared around the corner before I could respond.

I don't know one freaking thing about swimming pools aside from its a hole in the ground filled with water and chlorine. Maybe someone around has a pool in their backyard and can help me and Loz out.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed please vote and comment ✨💜