El Hopper ❤️

I've finally gotten around to writing a chapter for this, so enjoy! 

As El slept peacefully in her bed, her head suddenly was plagued with dreams and in all of them, she was being stabbed in some way. Whether in the chest or the foot, she was bleeding fast and blood spread all over the room, causing her to wake. She sat up straight with fear, recalling the dreams she'd had over the last couple of hours when she shifted slightly and felt as if there was liquid under her. Lifting off the covers, Eleven found that her nightdress and thighs were drenched in blood and she panicked. It was still dark outside, so Hop would definitely be asleep - but she didn't have anyone else to go to! "Hop!" El shouted, practically hearing the sound wave travel through the walls and into the different rooms, but there was no reply. Well, she could use other means to get his attention. A lot of concentration caused a loud bang in the living room, which woke up Hop. She could almost hear his heavy footsteps plodding through the living room and up to her bedroom.

"El, was that you?" Hopper asked through the door, not wanting to go in and wake her up in case she was sleeping. "Yes, but I need help!" The panic clearly showed in her voice, and it worried Hopper. Before she knew it, Hopper had opened the door and was currently staring at El with concern, not noticing the stain on her nightdress. "Look, Hop! I'm dying!" She gestured to her nightdress, which when he looked at it, was absolutely soaked in blood. "Oh, Ellie." He sighed, going to sit next to her on the bed. "I promise you, you ain't dying." El moved to sit next to Hopper, letting him wrap his arm around her and pull her into a side hug, "Then, why am I bleeding?" Hopper took a deep breath, "You just got your...period. It's completely normal, but it's not ideal to get it at 2 am with only a dad at home."

"Mkay, so what does that...mean?" She asked, not really sure what else to say. She had no idea what was happening so the least she can do is try to get some answers, right? "Ellie, it just means you're ready to have a baby WHEN you want to - which won't be anytime soon if I can help it." El giggled slightly, before going back to her questions, "So...how do you have a baby?" El noticed Hop's face when very pink after that, "Uh..well. We'll talk about that later, or maybe when I'm not at home and you're with Joyce!"

"Mkay, so how do I stop..this" El gestured to her stained clothes, "from happening again?" Hop exited the room, before re-entering with a purple box that said 'always' on it, "You use these. Basically, you take one out, take off the outer wrapper and put the sticky bit on your underwear. It will soak up the blood."

"Mkay," El took that as a sign to put one on and left with a single pad in her hand.

After El had figured out how to use the pad, along with the so-called 'wings' that were stuck to them, she entered the room again and sat next to Hopper, a little closer this time. He held her close and the two sat in silence, before El broke the silence a couple of minutes later, "My tummy hurts."

"I know, Ellie. I'm sorry I can't help you." He answered, in a softer tone, but El couldn't decide whether it was due to exhaustion or not. "I bet it sucks having just a dad, huh? Not getting any mother-daughter moment you should be getting right now." El smiled, tapping her father on the back, almost like a love tap, "It's not so bad. You did a good job, I think anyway." She got lost in thought for a minute, "Hey? You know what would make you a super good dad?" Hop looked completely fed up at this point, "What?"

"If you gave me an abdomen massage ;)" She winked, laying down and placing his hand on her stomach. "Okay, whatever." He began slightly rubbing her stomach, and it immediately took effect as she relaxed completely, "I'll turn the hot water on, and you can have a shower if you want?" El looked down at her completely stained nightdress and nodded, "Yeah, I think that would be for the best." They both giggled and Hop made his way to the bedroom door, before El stopped him, "Hey, Hop?"

"Yep, Ellie," Hop asked, not really knowing where this was gonna go and not really wanting to. All he really wanted to do was sleep. "You're the best dad in the world :)" He felt his heart warm at that, knowing that someone loved him as much as he did for her, "You too, Kid. Remember, after this shower, you and I are going straight to bed. Kapeesh?"

"Kappesh." She replied, taking a newspaper from her nightstand and beginning to read it - Hop knew she didn't really know what it was about, but let her do it anyway.

Hop left the room with a smile on his face. Oh, how good it felt to get to have a chance to finally love someone as he would've loved Sara.