13 Last Chances {Justin Bieber}

• Dedicado a Avery, Larsen, Kendall, and Hannah (y'all know who you are!)

The lights dimmed, the audience silenced, and everyone's attention was now centered on the performer seated on the stage. Though it was pitch black in the large television studio, a single spotlight was focused on a single microphone being dropped slowly from the tall ceilings. The live audience's eyes concentrated on it as it finally made its destination in front of a certain copper-haired, hazel-eyed teen.

He was seated on top of the bench of a white grand piano, his hands beginning to glide smoothly over the ivories. This particular song was special to this artist and close to his heart, for he wrote it all by himself in a single night. Emotions were poured into each and every lyric, holding a message only the one it was meant for could understand.

Gradually, he added his husky voice to the melody created by the bulky instrument.

He began to tell a story.

**********

"Lately I've been thinking, thinking about what we had."

Overcome by emotions once again, Justin Bieber leaned against the door to his dressing room in The O2 Arena. He nervously scratched the back of neck, pulling out his phone and dialing the number he had called so many times before. The phone began to ring and ring until it finally came to a sudden stop. The recently-turned twenty year old could feel his eyes water slightly and his breath catch in his throat. Coughing, he willed his vocal cords to talk into the receiver when someone else made it there before him.

"Hey, you reached Ronnie Pierce, and may I say you're looking fine," unexpected laughter filled the background and Justin could hear himself tell her that she shouldn't say that in case 'some old, creepy ass pedophile guy tried to stalk her in order to rape her or some crazy shit like that and thought she wanted him back so it technically wouldn't be rape.' Given, it was recorded when Justin and Veronica had been seventeen and sixteen, respectively, and he had been a little melodramatic. "Well, actually, I can't really tell considering I can't come to the phone right now. So leave your name, number, and message after the beep and I'll get back to you ASAP. Laters!"

Justin could sense his walls collapsing at the reminder of happy times of their relationship, times that had diminished in numbers recently. It was the sixth time he had called her that evening just in order to hear her voice say something. But Justin knew that he needed to voice to her how he was feeling, and he tried to do just that.

"Um, hey, Ron," he started hoarsely and cleared his throat, "I, uh, I know I'm the last person you want to hear from let alone talk to, but I just wanted to tell you that I...I miss you. I've been thinking about everything, us mostly, and I know I can't express to you how much I'm sorry about that night." Justin licked his lips and continued, "I can't take it back, but I would in a heartbeat if it meant you could be mine again. I've been going crazy knowing that I'll probably never be able to see you again, hold you, touch you, or even love you again. We were so perfect, so fucking perfect, but I ruined it. I know that. Me and all my fucking shit that I had to bring into this relationship," he closed his eyes and let out a deep shaky breath, "I just... If there's any way that we can still be friends after everything, I will swear to you that I won't mess that relationship up." A knock on the door interrupted the star's speech, Dan Kanter reminding him that show time was in five. "I guess I just wanted to say that-"

The line dropped and so did Justin's heart.

"I will always love you," he whispered

"I know it was hard. It was all that we knew."

Veronica adjusted her video camera as she accepted her boyfriend's Skype request. A smile graced her features when her hazel eyes met those of the person that she had been waiting to see all day. She pulled her blonde hair over one shoulder, playing with the ends of it while uttering a simple, "Bonjour mon amour."