16. ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ [ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ]

A cold draft breezed in a forsaken metropolis. 

Overgrown blades of grass stood out from the ground. 

Fallen autumn leaves danced on the streets. 

The movement of streams of a small creek played as a background sound. 

Homeless cats purred and scampered back and forth, looking for nourishment. 

The birds sang their songs as they did at daybreak every day. 

Ravenous bunnies hopped over corroded black benches, store signs, and sidewalks. 

Malnourished horses galloped, passing abandoned establishments.

Small fires were glowing on top of buildings. 

 Verdant plants and fungi emerged through the crevices and cracks of the damaged old structures. 

Water fountains accumulated rust and dirt from the absence of maintenance. 

Newspapers and Wanted posters were blown across the town. 

Hay bale's golden color changed to a filthy mud-colored tint. 

Suffering animals were everywhere. They encircled the small metropolis. 

"No one has been here for a while," A small boy who watched the diminishing city from afar voiced. 

"Earth is filthy. What did people do to it?" A little girl said, who was watching the city with the boy. 

"Pa told me that people neglected it—too many chemicals." The boy responded. 

"That's why everyone lives on Mars now?" The girl said, turning her view to the young boy. 

"Yeah. Some people are really...bad." The boy said, walking back to the small spaceship they came from. 

"Bye-bye, Earth." The girl whispered, taking one last look at the sickened city. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫! (ノ・ω・)ノ𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲!