6 - Dance

3rd person

It had been about a week or so after the siblings encounter at the parking lot and Wooyoung still seemed to be mad at Yunjin for hugging and hanging out with his crush so much so that during break, Wooyoung sat elsewhere. As soon as she saw Kazuha walking away with her brother she knew she would only serve as a friend or she'd end up more hurt than she already felt. I should've tried harder to forget before.. Yunjin thought as she dressed herself.

She sighed and walked outside of her room and stared at Wooyoung's door before shrugging and making her way to the living room. It was Saturday and Yunjin couldn't wait to do nothing but lay in her bed and rest.

That was until she got a phone call.

"Hello?"

Yunjin, where are you? We go on in about thirty minutes and some members are freaking out because our center is missing!

"Huh- OH MY GOD- IM SORRY"

Please hurry! Remember your outfit! I have to go. See you here!

"Okay! I'll be there."

Yunjin quickly hung up and ran into her bedroom once again to change clothes into her all black outfit she'd have to dance in.

She was a part of a dance troop and today they had to attend an event in which she and her team would be participating. She hurried up and once she was changed she ran out the door and grabbed her keys.

As soon as she climbed into her car she drove off to the location of the event.

After ten minutes she arrived and was immediately greeted by her team who rushed her into the area where they had to wait. It wasn't exactly a stage but rather in the open where the townspeople passing by would also be able to spectate if they wished to see the performance.

After watching two teams go up, it was finally their turn. Their team hurried to their places with Yunjin standing at the center position. The emcee announced their troop name making the spectators clap. A couple seconds later the intro to the song Love Talk by WayV started playing.

The team started dancing and showcasing off their dance moves as certain parts came on. They went on with their performance while people who were walking by stopped to watch them dance. The vibe they gave off was very much professional dancer like.

Soon the song died down and the team ended their performance. They caught their breaths as the claps of the audience could be heard all around. Members waved at some people they found familiar before walking away from the center.

"Great job guys, we did well." Yunjin smiled at her members before pulling all of them into a giant family like hug. It's not like they weren't her second family. She had known most of the people in the troop since she was in elementary and she had a soft spot for them. Sadly, they don't attend the same school now and she isn't fond of making new friends.

They talked to each other for a good amount of time before they decided it would be an amazing idea to go eat food together. As they were walking away someone called for Yunjin which made her stop walking and turn around.

She saw the girl she didn't want to see walking towards her. She mentally sighed before preparing herself. Her feelings betrayed her once the girl reached her. She felt that familiar twitch in her heart when she looked into Kazuha's eyes. She broke her trance and looked beside the girl to see someone she doesn't recognize.

"We saw you dancing over there, you did really good. I thought I'd come over and say hi since we didn't get a proper goodbye last time."

Yunjin winced remembering the scene at the mall but she shook her head, "It's okay. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the compliment," She felt her face heat up a little and gave a nod, "Who's this?" She asked.

She cleared her throat, "Right.. this is my step sister, Yuna." Yunjin looked at the girl to see her smiling shyly. Yunjin nodded, "Nice to meet you," she said holding her hand out for a shake. Kazuha saw this and felt weird. Yunjin didn't let me shake her hand when we officially met. She thought angrily, rolling her eyes.

"I have to get going my team is waiting for me. It was nice talking. See you," Yunjin smiled at the sisters. She walked away from the sisters to catch up with her members who weren't all that far from her. Kazuha watched her movements as she left. She couldn't see Yunjin smiling widely because she saw the bracelet she bought on the girl's wrist.

When she was far away, one of her members named Ryujin spoke, "Who was that?"

"Why?" Yunjin gave her friend a look, asking herself if the short haired girl was asking about Kazuha.

Ryujin grinned, "Because y'all looked cute?... and because the girl beside her was insanely pretty.." Yunjin watched as Ryujin pointed towards Kazuha's step sister. Yunjin shook her head and teased the girl as they walked.

On the other hand, the two step sisters were watching Yunjin and Ryujin interact. Then, Yuna spoke.

"She's nice, I see why you don't shut up about her," Yuna smirked, watching her sister blush.

Before Kazuha could utter another word, a familiar voice interrupted her.

"I got our ice creams!" The girls turned to see Wooyoung walking towards the two while holding three cones full of ice cream. Yuna smiled, "Thanks!" She said as she took hers and happily ate it.

Wooyoung smiled at her, "No problem." He turned to Kazuha and gave her a Vanilla favored one.

Kazuha hesitantly took it. She eyed the cone before slowly putting it up to her lips and biting some of it. Vanilla sucks, she thought but saw how Wooyoung was looking at her expectantly so she just ate it. She isn't allergic to it but she heavily dislikes anything with associated with Vanilla... but she also noticed that Yunjin smells like Vanilla, that one she likes - not the rest. Maybe I'm biased.. Kazuha thought to herself, thinking of how good Yunjin smells.

"Is it good?" Wooyoung asked with a charming smile. Yuna nodded while still eating hers. He looked at Kazuha to her answer. She gave a lip tight smile and hummed, "Mhm."

Wooyoung smiled and lead the girls to another location to continue their hangout. Truth is that when they were walking, Kazuha caught sight of Yunjin dancing so she asked Wooyoung to get them some ice cream from a shop about a street away. She wished she could've talked to Yunjin more but the girl looked like she was hesitant to engage.

Kazuha sighed but kept walking beside her sister and Wooyoung who was talking about his achievements and his whole athletic career. Never once did he mention Yunjin which made Kazuha upset, not wanting to hear any of the words that came out of his mouth.

On the other hand, Yunjin was looking at the three though a window from a café the trio had just passed by. Her sight stayed on Kazuha but she was interrupted by her friend, Soobin. She pulled away from the window and started talking to her members about random subjects that they brought up. Their lunch was filled with laughter and overall happiness even though Yunjin's mind was still hung up on a certain girl.

END OF 6

Date written - 4.8.23
Date published - 5.13.23