𝐨𝐧𝐞. detention complex

Mulai dari awal

          The black man laughed. "I suppose you can," He fell silent. Damian looked to the side to the guards lining up to watch the prisoners. He leaned in closer to be able to speak lower. "But we don't talk about that here."

          Soleil furrowed her eyebrows. "Are we not supposed to talk about my love life? Because that's what I'm talking about. What were you talking about?"

          "Nothing." Damian sat back in his seat.

          "No. No, please do enlighten me," Soleil announced angrily. "What do you wanna tell me? What'd you think I did?"

          Damian sighed deeply, looking into his daughter's dark eyes. "I heard that ghost face was back last year. I didn't wanna say it, but I'm starting to get worried you might end up like me. You know, the same needs..." He looked down. "It got me thinking about it and it turns out many children of serial killers end up fucked up. I don't wanna inflict that upon you, Sunshine."

          Soleil's gaze hardened. How dared he, the one behind bars, suspect her of being a murderer. He had nothing on her, nor could he, since she was definitely not a murderer. Soleil dedicated her entire life trying to be different than her father.

          "Well," Soleil replied. "I guess you inflicted that upon yourself." She hung the phone on its hanger, nodded to one of the guards that they were done and walked out without looking at her father again.

          The entire way out was decorated by cold, (too) white walls and a cement floor. There was no need for any other decoration, so why would they bother? These people deserved nothing in their eyes.

          Soleil made her way back home, taking the metros. As always, they were overcrowded, packed so full it made Soleil feel like a kernel of corn, the metro being the whole corn plant.

          After finally arriving in her dorm, she kicked off her shoes and flopped down on the sofa. Soleil looked around the messy room, she sighed before yelling. "Aaliyah! Can you please come pick up your hijabs? They're lying around again!"

          The head of a stylish girl with a pink hijab turned around the corner, her phone in her hand. "Sorry," She gave an apologetic smile. "I was trying to find the perfect hijab with my outfit for the party. How's this?" She came around the corner completely.

          Soleil put her thumb up at the girl dressed as a fairy with a pink dress. "Looks great, Sugar Plum." She felt her tummy rumble, so she continued. "Have you eaten yet? I was thinking of ordering a pizza."

          "I have," Aaliyah tilted her head slightly as she gave another one of her apologetic smiles. "Well, I am going to study. I have a test tomorrow."

          "Good luck." Soleil waved her goodbye as Aaliyah closed the door to her bedroom. She buried her head in the couch. Soleil sighed deeply before getting her phone out of the pocket of her ripped jeans. She blew a curl out of her face.

          The brunette sat up on the couch, waiting on her pizza which was said to arrive within fifteen minutes. She started zipping the channels on the television, trying to entertain herself. A message came in on the phone on the sofa.

ethan ❤️‍🔥
hey

          Soleil smiled to herself when she saw the name belonging to the message. She replied back.

sol ☀️
hey

ethan ❤️‍🔥
wyd?

i miss you