Chapter 109

Uh-oh. His Majesty is jealous.

Seira had to confront the jealousy of a man for the first time in her life. And was contemplating how to deal with this.

She looked at Medea, begging for help. So she, in turn, asked Lyle to retreat to her palace. Upon hearing his affirmation, Seira was relieved.

'I should be more careful.'

Until now, she never thought that he would get jealous because she had only hung out with men. But what terrifying, dreadful gaze the Emperor had.

'It's true that I care for the Empress, but not like that.'

Seira, who had dreamed of a future where she could become close friends with Medea, became depressed.

Even though she served the Empress, ultimately, all knights were required to be loyal to the Emperor. So it was not a good thing that Medea's husband, whom she served, hated her.

'As it stands I'm already on his blacklist, won't I be screwed when he finds out my identity later on in an hour of need?'

When he discovers that she is a woman, the Emperor's jealousy would subside.

'You just have to be careful going forward.'

Seira was disappointed at the fact that she had to keep her distance from Medea.

* * *

Somehow, as Lyle looked depressed, Medea kept watching his mood

He was a handsome face, no matter how she looked at it. She thought it was the first time she had seen him looking down and so completely dead inside. He was still attractive too.

'It has a different taste.'

Reason was warning her that it was not the time to appreciate Lyle's looks, but usually, it was difficult to admire him because he did not leave her alone.

Since Medea seemed to be focused solely on him, Lyle's mood improved vastly. He glanced at her, looking troubled.

"Your Majesty, are you still in a bad mood?"

"Seeing the Empress's face makes me feel better."

He spoke as if Baron Hestia had not 'offended' him. Thus, Medea concluded he must have been in a bad mood from before, at work.

Lyle dismissed the maids and seated her on the couch. The maids quietly left the bedroom and closed the door.

"As the Empress wished, Baron Hestia was hired as an escort knight."

'I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous. Because I am is just asking how the Empress feels.'

"Do you like him?" [t1v: he's trying to ask, "Do you like him?" But in Korean, he's asking without "you," so to Medea, it sounds like he's asking, "Does everyone like him?" Or "Is he liked/getting along?"]

"Of course. He's handsome so all the maids like him."

*TAK*

Lyle's ears were already buzzing by the time the word 'maids' fell out, and all he heard was that Medea liked him.

Lyle asked again,

"You said Baron Hestia was handsome?"

"He's pretty. There are also boyish angles."

"...."

The mood that had barely been alleviated had dropped down again. With a sullen disposition, Lyle looked at Medea. He forgot that he desperately denied that he was jealous just seconds before.