We can't be together

How am I suppose to do this?

Loki and I have been dating for a month now in secret. Only Natasha knows about this. Being with him is a dream. I never imagined I get to experience this kinds of things. I get to go on fancy dates, he buys me gifts, we cuddle in bed, we hold each other's hand. Everything was perfect.

However, how would the avengers react to this? Nat barely even approved of this before. How much more if the others find out? Hell they'll never approve of this. They've been so overprotective of me- Like I even need their protection. I've been wiser than before. I accept that I was stupid, but loving him wasn't a bad decision.

It was the best decision I made.

Now, if they find out, they'll keep me away from him as much as possible.

I shake the thoughts off as I am about to enter my room, where Loki is currently in. I open the door, only to find my boyfriend sitting in one of the sofas. When he did noticed me, he smiles and stands up to kiss me. God, his touch will forever melt me.

"How's the meeting?" He asks, still not letting my hand go.

"It was ok." I reply, avoiding his gaze.

He must've already noticed my expression because his hand suddenly touches my chin, turning my face to him.

"Are you ok? You're avoiding my eyes." He asks, slightly worried.

I nod. "I'm fine, it's just-" I stop. Should I tell him? How will he respond to this? He has done nothing wrong and I'm just gonna dump him? Fuck.

"Just?"

"There's just some thoughts in my head. But you know me, I'm always thinking of something." I try to make my tone convincing but I am talking to the God of mischief here so lying to him is completely idiotic.

"You're a bad liar you know."

Yes I know that but what can I do? I really don't have any choice here. In the most plausible outcome, Thor will take Loki back to Asgard and I'll be getting lectures from the older avengers, asking me, what did I saw in him?

"Look, if I tell you, you wouldn't be pleased."

He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, "Tell me." It sounded like an order, however, I can still feel the softness of his voice. If I keep on denying, he won't leave me alone.

"I've been thinking," I start.

"Thinking about what?"

"About our relationship," I pause, staring at his eyes. His beautiful mesmerizing eyes that I will forever be lost when looking,

"What about our relationship?" He asks, curious about my statement.

"I think it's better to act the same before. You know, us hating each other and all."

He looks taken aback from what I said.

"What? Why? Did I do something wrong? Please-" He stares at me with his eyes, desperate for an answer. "Please."

"Loki, what if the others find out about us? What will they say?" I hold his hand firmly.

"Are you worried about their opinions?"

"Yes I am." I reply.

"Why?"

"Because I care about them, and you. And," I pause, once again, taking a deep breath and speak, "I don't think we're compatible with each other."

He leans closer to me, his face is so close to mine. His eyes are gentle and soft. When I first met him, his gaze was full of arrogance. It never showed any kind of emotion. But now, the cold eyes are now staring at mine softly. "Tell me your reasons then."

"Well, first of all, you're a God, and I'm just a human."

He then presses his lips to mine quickly before smiling at me, "That's not much of problem but please, continue."

"Second, we have completely different personalities. I get angry easily while you don't."

He kisses my cheeks softly. "I think it makes you even more brilliant. Fighting back without any hesitations and standing to your ground. What else?"

"Third, I can't control my powers like you do. You'll probably realize that I am pathetic."

He plants a kiss on my other cheeks, "Pathetic certainly isn't a definition I would give to you. I will help you with yours powers then."

"Fourth, I'm impossible to love. I have too many flaws that is unbearable to anyone."

He gives my nose a quick peck, still having the smile in his face, "You are the first woman that I have ever fallen for. Mind you, I've been alive for a millennia and not a single one of the women I used to date has caught my heart. I have learned to love you over time, darling. What's your point?"

"Well, lastly, If the avengers find out about our relationship, they would keep us apart from each other."

He holds my cheek, looking at me for a second before opening his mouth to reply, "Why are they still making the decisions you make in your life? Don't you think it's time for you to decide on your own?"

I shook my head. "It's just that, I trust them with everything I do."

"Are you still indecisive about your life? Wanda this is your life, not theirs."

"I just don't know if my decisions are good."

He frowns at me. "Am I a bad decision then?"

I widen my eyes. "What? No of course not. You are the best thing that has happened in my life. I chose you because I love you."

"Then what are you worried about? Trust yourself. It wouldn't hurt to follow your heart wouldn't it?"

I smile at the man. The God standing in front me right now, isn't the bastard I knew before. He was arrogant and cocky. He will find ways to ruin my mood and insult me like his life depended on it. He still is arrogant, but I have seen a different side of him. He's passionate and sweet. He showed me his vulnerability, something I thought he doesn't have.

He made feel things, the kind of things that makes you smile and lights up your whole world. Whenever he touches me, I always melt. I feel loved and safe. His smile is enough to make me blush. His lips, oh so wonderful. I will never get tired of kissing this man. It's something I always look forward to doing everyday.

"So?" He says, waiting for a response.

I giggle. "What are you even doing to me?"

He chuckles at me. "Don't worry, I was also gonna ask you that." He kisses my forehead softly and puts a hand on my cheek once again. "Look, I'm sure whatever their responses are, it wouldn't affect us. Trust me, even my brother can't forbid me to stay away from you."

This made me smile. "I still can't believe I love you." I complain. He laughs. "But you said it was the best thing that happened to you."

"It is, but I still hate you." He rolls his eyes. "Enough about that, come here. Let me kiss you once more."

That was the last warning I got before his lips touched mine. And it was fucking good. I pull him closer and put a hand on his neck. Just me and him, I feel as if the universe is with me. It feels so fantastic. I want to be able to feel this every single day.

I think I'll be fine with whatever they're opinions are. I don't care anymore.

With him, I'll be fine.

Finally decided to write a oneshot lolololol. I apologize for my writing. I am barely awake right now and it's literally 1:oo in the morning so I really can't process well. Literally, I can't open my eyes now so I'll be sleeping now. Goodnight everyone <333