The Flying Test

Everyone gathered behind the school, which is a peak. Kalego began explaining as he stood in front of everyone.

"This along with the familiar summoning exam will determine your ranks. Your goal is to reach the flag on the other side of the valley as fast as possible, while avoiding obstacles, and the bird-monsters protecting their nests" He shows the map of the valley, with two routes.

So there's two routes....

"Familiar-sensei, are we allowed to attack the birds?" Lead raise his hand.

"Do what you want, but you will get deduction if you kill too many. And also, I will kill you if you call me that again"

Opera-san said once this race is done, we'll get our ranks...

"One more thing, Warbling valley is the only course open this year"

"Wha-?! Cutthroat valley is an option too, ain't it?!" Sabnock ask, surprised by the news.

"Usually. But for some reason, the guardian of the valley seems to be on edge, so it's off limits for now"

That didn't reassure Sabnock as he was more determined than ever. "That. Won't. Stand! I'm going through Cutthroat valley! Nothing else will suffice!"

Kalego simply glares at him. "Like I care. The course will remain the same. Prepare yourself!"

"What about Eggie-sensei?"

"I will be waiting on the other side"

The others spread their wings, and prepare themselves. While Luna stood somewhere and prepares also.

"Looks like you're ready. Then as of right now. The flying race has begun. On your marks, get set. GO!" He declares, and everyone began flying.

Once everyone is away, Kalego sat down and watched them from the screen footage. Most of the students are goofing off, or talking to one another, while Alice is taking the race seriously, but was unfortunate enough to have Clara riding on him. Then there's Sabnock who took Cutthroat valley, much to his dismay.

He decides to let him, and cross Sabnock's name. "We'll be lucky to find an arm or a leg. In any case, it'd be a help to have one less idiot to teach"

While the others are doing their things, Luna took a hold on a passing giant bird's back. When everyone was flying, she enters into one of their shadows and it just so happens that it got on top of the bird, leaving it unnoticed.

Where did that man go? She looks around to try to find any sign of Sabnock. Prior to this, she didn't trust him to not take the dangerous route.

It was flying over Cutthroat valley, until it suddenly went faster and made a sudden turn which caused her to fall off its back. Fortunately, the landing wasn't far, yet rough.

"Owch, where am I?" She groans as she slowly gets up, noticing that she's on some sort of nest. Then turning around, feeling a presence, she sees a giant fluffy yellow bird with some markings on it.

It cawwed loudly at her, and instinctively, she ran away from it.

However, it suddenly fell when it tried to catch her. Then her gaze went towards its injured left leg.

It's hurt! She wants to approach it, but knowing it's on edge with her, made her hesitate on it.

She looks around the nest and finds a sharp rock. It watches her, preparing to strike back once she approaches it, but was caught off guard when she doesn't use it to attack it, rather grazing her arm with it till it bleeds.