Newly Found Friendship

Next day, Luna went to the front gates and sees Alice and Clara waiting there. The former being as composed as ever, while the other is very excited.

"Luna-chi, good morning!!"

"Morning, you're very energetic today, Clara...." She smiles, feeling warm inside her chest.

"Ah, that's great, Luna-chan. You made two 'friends'" Sullivan commented with a cup of tea in his hand.

"You could say that... But I thought demons don't have the concept of friends..? And I don't know what they might think...." She nervously fidget her hand.

He hums and places the cup on the flying saucer. "It's true, demons don't know what 'friendship' is. But it won't hurt anyone if you tell them what that is, right?"

She rubs the back of her neck. "I guess so" Would they understand it...? Wait is it even possible for us to be friends?-

While she's thinking, Sullivan skipped away to an important staff meeting to work on the class placements, while Opera wave goodbye to him.

They turn their gaze to Luna, and placing their hand on her head, gently caressing her soft black hair. Something they do to reassure her. "It will be okay. There's no harm in trying. Even if they don't understand, they will still be with you, no?"

She hold her hands together, and slightly pressing them against her chest. "I'm still worried... Or maybe, anxious is more fitting..."

"That's fine, and natural. This is the first time you're making friends here. Even if you make mistakes, you can always take it as a learning experience for the future, Luna"

She looks at them with a soft yet shocked look, taking in their advice, before slowly nodding. Biting the urge to cry right on the spot. Eventually, she joins Alice and Clara to go to school.

The three walked together along the semi-rocky path, with Clara mostly breaking the silence with her childish energetic self.

"There's no arrangements in particular today, so let's head to the cafeteria" Alice suggests to Luna.

She nods. "Sounds good"

Though, she noticed that Alice looked like he wanted to ask something from her. Given his subtle silence after giving her answer.

"Is there... Something you want to ask me, Azz-kun?"

He was taken by surprise, but quickly turns to impress. "As expected of Luna-sama, nothing can escape from you. Yes, I have one personal question"

"Ask away"

"Pardon me, what is your relationship with Opera-san?"

She figures he might ask that. "Oh, well, Opera raised me. So we sort of have a parent-child relationship..."

Looking back, she doesn't remember the last time she has ever called Opera by anything else other than their name, besides the times she called them 'Pammy' when she was really young. Despite raising her, both of them have an 'odd' relationship to say the least.

But none of it bothered either of them too much, because they cared for one another.

I guess it would be weird to call your master's soon-to-be granddaughter as your 'daughter'....

"Ah, so Opera-san is your caretaker"

"Eh?" I mean that's not wrong given the context, but....-

"Yes, because the headmaster would be very busy due to his position, so it's only reasonable that he would have his most trusted guard to raise his granddaughter"