in your arms [ ❥ ]

Deacon wakes at an absurd hour, so early that even the sight of the first few numbers on the digital clock next to the bed is enough to make him wince.

Even if he wanted to, he can't make out the exact time on the clock - due, in no small part, to your bedhead blocking the view from where your head lays tucked under his chin. Your breath ghosts across his collarbones with each slow rise and fall of your chest, and it's a peaceful pattern that Deacon finds himself being comforted by as he slowly comes to.

Your arms are stilled curled around his torso, keeping him close to you even in sleep. Legs intertwined with his, you really can't get any closer to him but yet you still seem to try as you cuddle closer to him in your sleep. It makes him smile and he brings you ever so slightly closer to him, just enough so he can lightly kiss the top of your head.

He rubs your back slowly as he draws away. The warmth trapped under the covers clings to your skin, and he can't help but let his hand rest in the small of your back. Your tank top's ridden up to expose the curve of skin there, and he starts to absentmindedly trace circles over your back in what he thinks is a soothing pattern - until you tense in his arms, and a low groan escapes your pursed lips.

"Sorry, baby." He apologises as he cringes internally, soothing a hand up and down your back as you shift in his arms and he gives you a second to come around. "I didn't mean to wake you."

You shake your head slowly, hands squeezing reassuringly at his waist.

"Don't worry." You mumble, sleep still clinging to your voice as you quietly clear your throat. Deacon doesn't need to see you to know you're smiling, and it's only proved for him when you press a kiss to his neck and he can feel the curve of your lips. "M'sure I can come up with a way for you to make it up to me."

"I'm sure you do." He tells you through a smile of his own. You kiss your teeth at him but still, pose no argument as he tightens his arms around you again and lets your cuddle up to him underneath the covers.