sweet talker [ ❥ ]

The bedroom door opens with a squeak, and you look up from your phone to see Deacon walking in. He pads in quietly with a smile, shutting the door softly behind him as he makes his way over to you. He's clad only in a towel that's slung low on his waist, and his skin is still wet from the shower as he sits next to you at the edge of the bed.

"Hey." His voice is rough from use, and his eyes are tired as he leans into you. Placing your phone on the nightstand, you reach out for him and wrap an arm around his torso and smile as he relaxes under your touch.

"Hey you." You reply, brushing your fingers back and forth over his skin comfortingly. "Rough day?"

"Something like that." He says, his voice flat. He reaches for you other hand and holds it in his own, bringing it to his lips so he can press a gentle kiss to your knuckles with a small smile. "It's lookin' up, though."

You smile back, squeezing him tightly and letting him lean into you so that he's resting his head on your shoulder. As you pet through his still-wet hair, you take in his warmth and sigh. "Is there anything I can do?"

He shakes his head.

"No, sweetheart." He says softly, pressing his forehead into your neck, nuzzling in. "You being here, that's more than enough."

"Sweet talker." You mutter under your breath, and he laughs.

"Only for you, angel." He grins, lifting his face up to kiss you through a smile. "Only for you."