005 | club heaven.

anxiousness erupts in rue's chest and now she feels frozen. the girl doesn't know what to do. was the girl's overthinking correct? did vinnie cheat on her like noah did? so many thoughts were racing through rue's head.

rue's head perks up when she hears giggling coming from the closet, "who's in the closet vin?" she slowly spits out, not wanting the answer from the back of her mind.

"rue-anne, it's not what you think it is," he immediately defended.

"vin.. then who's in the closet? if it's not what i think it is then who's in there?" she points to the closet.

rue walked towards it, every step she took, her heart broke more by the beat.

"GET PRANKED."  calvin, vinnie, michael, and patrick exclaimed, and rue let tears roll down her face. she turns at looks at vinnie. "i'm gonna sleep on the couch." she says and quickly walked out of the room, thinking to herself, why the hell would he do that? knowing what noah had pulled in the past?

the history hanging onto rue's past.

"babe, come in here." avani called from her guest room, i felt vinnie's presence near so she slipped inside her room to be met my 2 pairs of arms. avani and anthony.

"i heard the "get pranked"." said anthony rubbing the youngers back.

"what did he do?" avani asked as we sat down on the floor.

"he pretended that he cheated on me." rue wiped her eyes, from the dried tears.

"he knows about noah. he knows about your past with cheaters. why would he do such thing?" said anthony, and by the tension you could tell he was getting angrier by the second.

"i mean i just don't understand-" avani began to say, before hearing vinnie knock on the door.

"nessa's having a release party in a little bit.." he trails off. "club heaven comes out tonight, you're my date."

fuck. club heaven. rue thought, making her miss cooper. "i'm coming.." she whispers.

"don't give into him that easily," avani grabs rue's arm. "i'm going for nessa, not him."

"come on rue-ane, you know i was only kidding. nessa needs you." vinnie sighed. "i didn't mean to hurt you, i promise if it was just a joke. i would never ever cheat on you." vinnie stuttered out nervously.

"i-is he crying?" avani looked at me. "probably because cooper," rue-ane answers. "we are going tonight. this is for cooper, not us."

rue got up, and opened the door. "we still matching?" she forces a smile and sniffs slightly. "that's my girl," vinnie cracked a smile.

"i can't believe club heaven is actually out tonight." anthony whispers.

vinnie approached behind rue and rubs her shoulders, she shrugs out of it. not forgiving the boy just yet. "we should go get dressed."

"anthony," rue looks back at him as she faces the door, "no crying," she nods. 

vinnie and rue walk back to the room together, in silence. loud deafening silence. he wanted to reach out and apologize to her multiple times. but he couldn't. she'd only get more upset and he couldn't take that.

rue walks into their bedroom first, she goes to the dress that was previously laud out on the bed infront of her due to how excited she was. she'd been one of the first people to hear club heaven before it came out besides bree. she hadn't been more excited. especially since being featured in the music video the song had an entirely different effect on her.

"rue, don't cry," vinnie said. rue hasn't noticed the tears that had welled up in her eyes as she runs her hand on the dress. "this was cooper's favourite dress on me," rue looks up at him, wiping her eyes immediately after a tear fell to the floor below.

"put it on for him then. he's here for you. you know he is." he nods reassuringly. rue nods back and slips the dress on and looks at herself in the mirror.

a knock at the door startles rue and vinnie out of their skin. "yes?" the redhead calls, opening the door. "oh ness," she chants. hugging her best friend. "i'm so excited,"

"i'm so scared," ness responds, but a smile is across her dace decieving anyone that looks at it. "cooper loves the song," rue smiles. "you know he would." she nods.

the two girls stray outside, vinnie behind him in his black button down. i hold nessa's waist as we approach the living room. cheers erupt as we walk in.

"nessa barrett, the life of the party everyone!" tabs yells into the a mic that was set up on a makeshift stage.

nessa walks up. "hi everyone, tonight, my song for my best friend comes out. club heaven is a very special peice." she looks at me. "i would actually like to call rue up here to say a few words before the music video begins," she speaks softly and rue runs up to her. the gregg girl looks out at vinnie and her nerves calm themselves. 

"hi everyone," the ginger softly says, looking out at people she barely knew. "my name's rue anne fleur gregg, cooper was one of my best friends. learning to live without him is probably one of the most hardest things that i've had to do in forever." she bites her lip to prevent herself from crying, grabbing nessa's hand. "i would like to formally announce," rue starts, getting close to the mic with nessa.

"yard sale out next friday," they smile, rue makes eye contact with vinnie his face lights up like an amusement park at the news. 

nessa and rue run off the stage and sit in their designated seats, vinnie walks up and sits next to his strawberry girl. "i'm so proud of you and nessa." he kisses her cheek, he warms inside. his girl was truly a work of arr that he had been blessed of knowing.

rue grabs his hand tightly, nessa's hand in the other. "i'm so nervous." she whispers to him, shaking slightly, but she ignores it and looks up at the screen as it plays. the tears are already flowing to the brim of her eyelids as if they were in jail and couldn't wait for the perfect moment to escape.

"we hate the paparazzi, now you're somewhere they can't go," rue sings the lyrics with nessa, nodding her head and crying with her. rue looks around noticing all the crying faces.

rue looks at vinnie, "look there's me!" rue points excitedly through tears. "and there's coop,"she points to the array of stars.

"what if i- can't get in? how will i- see you again?" rue qoutes, nessa kisses her cheek. vinnie does after. all she can do is smile as she stands and claps when the song ends.