XXV.

XXV.

~Cheri~

Location: Alabaman

Last time with Lennon: 21 Months 3 Weeks 4 Days 13 Minutes

Dear Lennon,

I have been thinking about love lately. It took me a while to figure out the strange feeling of love, but now I understand it more. Or at least I think I do.

With thinking about love, I've been thinking of you. And through months and months of thinking, I realize that I love you and I have for a long time.

I know this might be a little abrupt but I hope you feel the same. Even if you don't I hope we can still be friends. I wouldn't want you out of my life because I had feelings for you that you didn't have for me.

I know you're probably reading this right after I give it to you, so chances are I'm standing next or near you. I'm sorry if I have made things awkward. I just wanted to let you know how I feel, I couldn't keep it in anymore. I've felt guilty for so long, I don't think I could have gone any longer without telling you, especially since we'll be around each other for a while. With all that said,

Let's make these next few months worth it,

Cherry Pie.

I placed my pen into the small box resting on my bed and folded the letter up and shoved it into an envelope. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my dresser, opening it and pulling out some of my clothes. I hated packing, it made me realise how unstable my life really was. But I was packing for Mississippi, which made it all just that much better.

My phone was blaring Taylor Swift and my hips were swaying to the beat of Blank Space. I was having so much fun dancing to the song that I didn't hear my mom call me.

I checked my phone and saw that I had a miss call from my mom. I slid my phone open and called my mom back.

"Hey sweetie." She answered.

"Hey mom. What did you need?"

"I was wondering if after I come back from the grocery store if you want to go to the clubhouse and swim. We can have lunch there."

"Sounds good." I replied.

"I'll be home in about ten minutes. Be ready."

"Okay. Love you, bye."

"Love you too." I hung up and then decided to get ready.

I picked out a swimsuit, something I could do laps in. I grabbed a string bag and shoved everything that I would need at the pool into it.

Around ten minutes later my mom walked into my room, her eyes wild."You ready to go?" My mom loved swimming, she used to swim in college and high school. She always used to tell me to find peace underwater. I never understood that though, the water was just... there. It never seemed special to me.

"Yeah." I laughed, grabbing my string bag and walked after her out of the room. We climbed into the car together, throwing our stuff into the back seat.

The car ride was mostly silent, I was distracted by the thought of seeing Lennon soon and giving him my letter.

"Do you want to drop off your letter after the pool?" My mom asked me, breaking the silence.

"I'm actually going to give it to him in person." I responded, giving her a smile.

"Oh." She said. "What did you write about this time?" My mom tried to keep up the small talk.