• Line up, line up •

Start from the beginning

She didn't stop glaring at him. In fact, her gaze seemed to harden even more. Daryl squeezed her hand gently, but even then, her glare was set in stone. If looks could kill, Negan probably wouldn't of even been able to get three steps out of the RV and that was before she'd became even more pissed off.

Amelia was on high alert. Practically every movement someone made she picked up on, and it was harder for her to try and tune it out. Was she in fight or flight? She didn't know. Carl could see the way she was looking around slowly, almost analysing everything she could. She was looking at the guns, at the people, the surrounding area. If you didn't know what to look for you wouldn't of even been able to tell.

She reminded him of when they first met.

He watched as she watched with gritted teeth how Glenn was forced back in line after begging for Maggie to be spared. Even Daryl had noticed how she was both relaxed and tense. Her body language seemed unfazed. But the grip her hand had on his hand did not match at all.

"All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment, I get it. Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit," Negan said, each word laced with malice and unkind sarcasm. " This is your kid, right?" He said, pointing at Carl as he looked at Rick. He laughed. "This is definitely your kid."

Amelia sat up taller.

"Just stop this!" Rick shouted, and Amelia was prepared to jump up if she needed to.

"Hey! Don't make me kill the little future serial killer!"

Amelia nearly pounced to her feet but Daryl's grip on her hand tightened and Rosita's hand landed on her shoulder. She couldn't lose Carl.

"I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table waiting for me to order," Negan whistled, an obnoxious noise that only worsened Amelia's headache. "I simply cannot decide. I got an idea."

"Eenie..," his bat pointed in front of Rick. "Meenie..," in front of Carl.

With each pause, his bat pointed at another person that Amelia loved and she felt herself slipping away.
She didn't flinch away from the bat held in front of her. She didn't even look at it. She just glared at Negan.

"And you... are... it."

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

The sound of blows landing on one of Amelia's favourite people to be around made her lose her breath.

"Ho! Ho! Look at that. Taking it like a champ!"

She couldn't tear her eyes away from Abraham's bleeding face. She could hear her own heartbeat over the screams of her loved ones.

"Suck. My. Nuts," Abraham gritted out.

The sound of cracks from the bat landing on Abraham's head echoed through Amelia's mind.

"Did you hear that?" he laughed. "He said, 'Suck my nuts.' Phew," Negan quoted Abraham.

Amelia couldn't feel anything. Sadness. Maybe. Anger? Maybe. Fear? Definitely. Not for herself though, surprisingly. Part of her wished that she'd be next. How many did he plan on killing? Enough to traumatise Rick into submission? Or just one?

"Oh, my goodness! Look at this!" Negan laughed, allowing Abrahams brains and blood to splat to the floor. "You guys, look at my dirty girl!" He walked up to Rosita, standing in front of Amelia to show Rosita the bat. "Sweetheart... Lay your eyes on this." He sighed, a false sense of remorse. "Oh, damn. Were you --Were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all this. Red -- and hell, he was, is, and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team! So take...a damn look. Take a damn look!"