"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison.
Everyone knows." Lydia said. "I'm just wondering if maybe this year things might be.. different." Allison said  "Why would anything be different?"

"You know, things have been a little off lately.
Things and people. Especially people. Like Jackson."
"What do you care about Jackson?"
"Do you know if he's coming?" 

"Everyone's coming...This one's American rag. Mm, I love it. For me, not you. This one's material girl. It's for you." Lydia said

. A knock comes at the door making the  girls look up to see Victoria standing at the threshold.
"Mrs. Argent, what do you think of this one?" Lydia asked holding up a dress. "It's lovely.
Allison, can I grab you for a moment to talk?
Just the two of us."

"Can we do it later?" Allison says
'To be honest, sooner is better. " Victoria's
"Party starts at 10."

"You'll be around before then?"
"I think so."
"You think so?"
"I don't know."
Victoria nods then walks out before looking back at the girls.

"Yes, normal. She wouldn't be the town whack job if it wasn't for us." Allison said.
"I guess I could use my Co-Captain status to get the lacrosse team here." Scott says as he pulls out his phone. Stiles does the same. "I think I also know some people who can get this thing going. Like really going." Stiles said making everyone look at him. "Who?" Allison asked.
"I met them the other night. Let's just say they know how to party."
"You have friends other than us?"

Turns out those people Stiles said he knew were the drag queens from that gay club. And now with the drag queens and people from school the party was now filled of people dancing. The only ones not having fun appear to be, Stiles, Scott and a distant Allison who can't help glancing at them from across the pool. Eyes on the rising moon, Scott takes a deep, meditative breath while Stiles sips from a cup of Lydia's punch.

"Because you're the guy. It's what we do." Stiles says"But I didn't do anything wrong." Scott defended. "Then you should definitely apologize. Any time a guy thinks he didn't do anything wrong, he definitely did something wrong." Stiles said

"Because something has to go right. If you hadn't noticed we're getting our asses royally kicked. People are dying and we can't stop it. I got my Dad fired. You're going to be held back in school. I'm in love with a nutjob. And if- on top of all of that I've got to watch you lose Allison to a stalker like Matt, I'm going to stab myself in the face." Stiles said making
"Don't stab yourself in the face."

"Why not."
"Because Jackson's here."

"Glad you can make it"

Eventually they found Stiles slumped against a column by the pool. He won't even look at Scott "Drink the water. Stiles, drink it.
Something's happening and I need you to sober up right now. Stiles, come on."

A girl named Danielle, who has been smart enough to stick with soda, approaches. "What do you think you're doing? You want to sober him up fast? That's not the way to do it." She said and they looked at her.
'You can do better?"

"I can do best." Danielle grabs Stiles, pulls him to his knees and dunks his head right into the pool. She yanks him up wide-eyed and spitting chlorinated water. "How do you feel?"

"Like I might have to revisit my policy on hitting a girl." Stiles said and Danielle looked back at Scott , "He's sober."
"Thanks. I'm gonna have to remember that
one"

In the drunken crowd, someone screams. Scott whirls around. But it's just a girl being pushed into the pool. Stiles  hurries to his side. "We can't find her. And dude, everyone and anyone who drank that crap. They're freaking out."

"I can see that." "What the hell do we do?"
"I don't know, but-" Scott says
"Stop! Don't--don't-

Scott and Stiles move to see someone get pushed in. The splash is followed immediately by a desperate thrashing in the water. It's Matt.

"I can't--I can't swim!"

The music fades. The two  of them stare, wide eyes, paralyzed, as Jackson calmly reaches a powerful hand into the pool to drag Matt out.
Soaked shoes hitting the cement tile, Matt pulls himself up. Shivering, teeth clenched in fury, he raises his eyes to face the quiet stares. He moves slowly.

Drops of pool water falling from his wet clothes as he walks through the parting crowd.
He turns only once to connect eyes with Stiles and Scott.
A sound breaks the quiet. The short burst of a police siren, followed by the ringing of the doorbell.
"Cops are here!"

And suddenly everyone is moving. Racing for the gated exits, shoving into the house, taking Scott and Stiles with them as both Matt and Jackson disappear in the rush.
People pour into the street hurrying for their cars. Scott  steps off the curb.
Glancing among the retreating party guests, their eyes fall on a figure standing at a distance from the house.
Dripping wet, Matt directs an ice-cold glare on Scott , a look of pure hatred and rage.

The kanima inches out from behind a car on all fours. It settles beside Matt, tail snaking around his leg, like the way a child would grasp at its mother's skirt. They peer at the two of them with shock. Kanima and Master. Puppet and puppeteer. Teenagers rush past, obscuring their
view.
When they steps aside to look again, Matt and the creature are gone.

"Why do I keep missing shit" Josh says
"Idk josh" Scott says
"What in the world were they staring at" josh says
"Me" Scott says