𝐱. we can make it out.

Start from the beginning

The redhead snapped her gaze to the bulky jacket on her shoulders, slightly panicked that she brought it up. A part of her worried that Maggie would make her give it back."Oh yeah, mine got ruined last night, so he gave it to me I guess."

"Ruined? How come?" Maggie asked, tilting her head in confusion.

Frankie sighed, shrugging her shoulders, feeling deflated by the memories of last night. "I'd rather not talk about it if that's alright?"

Maggie nodded a warm reassuring smile on her lips, "Of course, I understand. I'm just glad Charlie was able to help you out."

"Yeah, it was really nice of him, honestly," Frankie murmured, picking at the loose fur that lined the bottom of her sleeve. "Never thought he would be so nice to me."

"Why wouldn't he be nice?" The brunette inquired, a look of concern on her features. "Has he been mean to you?"

Frankie snorted, finding Maggie's concern for a stranger funny, "Yeah, he really hasn't been the kindest, but I get it. I was a stranger, someone he never had seen before. I would do the same."

"Well, I hope he's not treating you like that any longer."

"Eh, he's not so much. Kinda sassy mostly." The girl answered, shrugging with a smile curling on her lips. "But I can handle it, I just dish it right back."

Maggie chuckled, "Good, he needs someone to give it right back."

"I'll make sure I'll keep up the good work then," Frankie beamed, finding Maggie's kind demeanor contagious.

"I'll keep you to that Frankie," Maggie concluded, rising slowly from the floor in the process.

Just as Maggie began to stand up from her seat on the floor, the ground shook violently. A loud explosion-like noise echoed through the air like a bullet. At the feeling of the shaking ground, Maggie tumbled back down to the ground with a loud slam. Frankie gasped at not only the explosion outside the train car but also the painful noise Maggie made once she made an impact with the floor.

Frankie quickly went to her rescue, helping her up from the ground. "Are you alright?"

The woman nodded, and let out a breath as she tried to pull herself together, "Yeah, thank you."

"Of course," Frankie said earnestly.

Screaming erupted through the air just as gunshots began ringing out. Frankie's heart dropped violently, not understanding what was happening outside those doors. Thudding footsteps quickly passed the train car towards the sound of the explosion.

The large redheaded man that was with Maggie, slammed his fists against the train car door in frustration. His words came out in gritted teeth, "What the hell is going on?"

"Someone hit them," Michonne answered.

"Maybe our people got free." A woman standing on the other side of the train car answered.

Before anyone had a chance to answer a man with a mullet pushed past them, soon kneeling on the ground just next to the door.

A girl in a hat looked at him with judgment swirling in her eyes. "What the hell are you doing?"

The man with the mullet looked up at her but quickly back to fiddling with the door. "I might be able to use this shell to compromise the door. From the sound of things, there may not be anybody left to open it."

"Eugene, I'm sorry but shut up." A girl on the other side of the train snapped, her voice panicked by the sounds coming from just outside their reach.

The man didn't have time to answer before Carl piped up as he walked up to the group of people. "Hey, my dad's gonna be back. They all are."