𝐱. we can make it out.

Start from the beginning

As the can exploded, smoke poured into the confined space, the air became thick. Frankie let out a cough, trying to breathe in some type of clean air, but all she got was smoke. A large patch of light bled into the smoke haze, but it was still difficult to see. Demanding voices broke through the yells of their group, they faded in and out as Frankie struggled to breathe. She desperately tried to find someone in the haze, reaching out to feel for Sydney, Gabi, Carl, someone. But all she felt was air as she moved around. Frankie found herself, leaning against the metal of the train car wall, trying to catch her breath.

She could feel the heaviness of the smoke breaking up, not only was it easier to breathe, but also to see. She could see some of the others, mostly just their shadows as they were in a similar position as her. Most of them were leaning against the walls, either standing or sitting. All of a sudden, the light that Frankie was beginning to get familiar with was snuffed out with the dragging click of the lock on the main door.

Darkness engulfed them once again. Frankie squinted as she tried to adjust to the sudden lack of light. She could hear shuffling from the other side of the train car, "Who'd they take?"

Frankie wasn't familiar with the voice, not knowing the others that were with the rest of Rick's group. But she quickly recognized Michonne's calm tone, "I can't see Rick or Daryl."

"Glenn and Bob are missing too," Frankie quickly noted the words from the short-haired woman as she stood up from her seat on the ground.   

"Where's Charlie?" Frankie's voice broke through the silence, all eyes jumping to her. Noting that this was the first time she was ever speaking directly to everyone and not just her hushed whispers to Carl or Gabi. A brunette woman looked at her, eyes fixated on the jacket that covered her frame.

The brunette snapped out of it, soon nodding her head at the words, trying to shake the panic from her bones, "Okay so they have five of ours."

"How are we going to get them back?" Sydney questioned, looking to the others around her for answers, but everyone was just as speechless as her.

"We'll figure it out, first we need to get out of this car," Michonne explained, her tone trying to appear devoid of panic, but some of them could still hear the slight panic in her voice.

Everyone quickly followed her words, moving from their spot, and getting to work. They were going to do whatever they could in order to escape. No matter what happened, they were going to get out of this. Even if no one was coming for them, there was a part of Frankie that knew Rick was gonna make his way back to them and get them out.

But there was a bigger part of her that thought they might not get out. There was a highly likely scenario that left them to be picked off one by one. They already took five of them, it was only a matter of time before they came to get more. She didn't want even to imagine what was happening to them right now. With the snippets she'd seen of these people, she knew they were up to something that would be something that haunted her.

"Hello," Frankie's eyes jumped up at the greeting, a look of surprise falling over her face. She was met with a short-haired brunette with a kind smile. Frankie returned her gesture, giving her a tight-lipped grin. The woman didn't hesitate to make herself comfortable as she took a seat next to Frankie. "I don't think we got introduced, I'm Maggie,"

Frankie's heart pounded in her chest, connecting the name to the person Carl told her about. The girl froze, opening and closing her mouth as she struggled to get a word out. "Hi."

"Frankie right?" Maggie asked. The girl nodded wordlessly as she looked down at her hands on her lap. Again, the brunette's eyes fell to the jacket on the girl's frame. "I noticed you're wearing my brother's jacket."