𝐢𝐱. how can we come back.

Start from the beginning

Even if he wasn't himself, his hungry eyes remained the same, only now wanting something different. Frankie didn't remember how, but she noticed a knife gripped in her fingers. She was grasping so tight that her knuckles were turning white as she shook with fury. The redhead could hear Everyone's conversations quickly cease once their eyes fell upon a reanimated Randy making his way toward Frankie.

Charlie was the first one to notice the shuffling noise and gargles. Rick and Daryl quickly followed his stare as they stopped their conversation to see what he was gaping at. He immediately sat straight up against the truck, moving to go take care of the walker, but as he made it to his feet, Sydney stopped him. He opened his mouth to protest, but his words were quickly muddled in his throat as he watched Frankie stand up on trembling legs as she made her way toward the man who hurt her.

The girl didn't hesitate to sink the blade of her knife into his skull, the reanimated body immediately going limp in response. Charlie expected her to make her way back to where she had been sitting for hours prior, but she didn't. He could hear heavy breaths escaping Frankie and she repeatedly sunk her knife up and down into the man's skull, not caring if the man was already gone. The squelching of her knife echoed through the small camp as all of them refused to take their eyes away from the scene in front of them.

With every stab of the blade, Frankie's hands and face got splattered with blood. The fury burned aflame in the girl's eyes, no one had seen this amount of intensity...this amount of anger before. The man below her no longer looked like the grimy person he once was, his features looked intelligible. The only thing that was a reminder of his humanity was the blood and bone that splattered the area.

Suddenly the girl stopped with her hands raised in the air, ready to make her decent, but something stopped her. The girl shuffled back, finding her previous spot on the crumbling cement as she caught her breath. The wrath that once littered her features was now replaced with nothing but exhaustion as her eyes were glued to the mess she made on her hands.

Charlie stood back slightly aghast, shocked that someone like Frankie would be capable of such ferocity. But it took him a second to realize he didn't know who she truly was. He has only experienced what Frankie wanted to show him. The light-heartedness that she was willing to show. This side of the girl is always clearly hidden away, there was a shame in the aftermath of the brutality. He could feel the emotion hanging heavily in the air. She had every right to act the way she did, yet Charlie could see a feeling of remorse swallowing her features.

Frankie couldn't stop staring at the mess that covered her hands, it made her sick to her stomach. The blood and specks of the man behind her were wrapped around her skin, she couldn't believe what she had done. She didn't feel bad that she had done that to the man, he deserved it, even if he was no longer alive. Frankie just hated how her cruelty reminded me of her father. His approval echoed in her ear, she could hear his proud tone mocking her mind.

Good job kid! I knew you could handle yourself, reminded me of myself there!

She could almost feel him right next to her, his off-brand cologne wrapping around her nostrils. His impressed gaze looked down at the mess she had made. The thought of even being remotely like the man she detested with everything in her made bile rise up her throat. Without even realizing it, she noticed herself trying to wipe away the blood on her hands as a few tears trailed down her cheeks. No matter what she did, the blood never left, only smearing deeper into her skin. The frustration only made her tears more violent. But a familiar shadow made her movements freeze completely.

Looking up she met the color of chestnut, as Charlie looked down on her with sympathy swirling in his eyes. Frankie let out a small huff of frustration, hating the way he was looking at her. The last thing she needed was for him to feel bad for her. Frankie opened her mouth, feeling the words of hatred rising in her throat. But the angry words faded in her chest when she watched him kneel to her level.