It Begins.

You were currently with Drifter sinking ships that Grimmel would need, larger ones were up ahead although you wouldn't be touching them at all.

"Drifter, stick to my right." You whispered

The two of you walked in the fog as many dragons roared, you came across a hunter with a lantern and sword in his hand.

A Snafflefang was in the cage he had just threw something into.

You raised your bow and pulled back the arrow, he came closer to you so you flicked your helmet down so he couldn't see or damage your face.

"Hm?..." he said

Drifter's scales began to glow a bright blue, he growled and the hunter immediately ran at you to  start a fight.

You sent an arrow at him which hit the side of his leg, it was normal although it looked like it really hurt.

"AH!" He shouted

Drifter shrieked and sent a plasma blast at the wood, a fire was started and he then bucked the hunter away using his head and sending a plasma blast so he's be pushed into the water.

Before he fell you shot another arrow at him, a normal arrow. Although it'd keep him in the water, a Scauldron would come to eat him later.

You roared as multiple other hunters appeared.

"You take care of them! I'll get the dragons!" You exclaimed

Drifter nodded before sending a plasma blast at one who attempted to follow you, you picked a lock using an arrow before swinging the cage open.

Three more dragons were on the boat, they must've taken most of them on the main ship that was already up ahead.

A Snafflefang, Changewing, Razorwhip and Typhoomerang were on the boat at the moment. All in different places so they wouldn't try anything.

You crouched down and squinted, you raised your bow before pulling an arrow back against the string. The tip of the arrow caught on fire once you lowered the arrow it caught on fire due to the spreading fire that Drifter caused earlier.

As soon as you picked the bow back up, you shot the hunter. It was a dragon root arrow that would work on humans.

He fell as soon as it impacted him so you ran over to the Razorwhip in the cage, he opened it to replace something along its tail.

"Hey, buddy! I'm not here to hurt you, just here to get you out." You spoke softly

The Razorwhip growled as you took off the muzzle and the tail restraints, he noticed they were gone and immediately flew out of the cage to attack other hunters.

You noticed a hunter with two daggers in his hand so you immediately ran towards him after placing your bow in the bag of arrows you had on your back.

"HEY!" He yelled

He began to attack you, Drifter hopped off a cage that the Changewing was in and smacked him away using his tail. He then blasted his back.

You grabbed both daggers before opening the Changewing cave.

"New plan, take out every hunter on the boat and then get the Typhoomerang." You said

Drifter nodded before roaring at the Changewing who immediately flew off without starting a fight, most recognized Drifter as the alpha.

Drifter screeched and sent off a plasma blast into the air, you readied your bow before looking off in a different direction.

Twenty hunters came out with maces, swords and axes in their hands. Some with their bare fists to fight you and Drifter.

Drifter flicked an ear bud, you shot a hunter quickly before the rest came at the two of you.

Drifter prepared a blast and got to his hind legs, as soon as he landed he shot a large blue blast at five hunters in front of him.

You began to rapidly shoot hunters using arrows, different kinds of arrows each time too.

A hunter threw a sword at you which Drifter blasted away, you raised your visor and stared at the hunter who had no weapon.

"I- I think I need to use the bathroom-" he said

Drifter shot the hunter using a plasma blast, he roared before walking away towards the Typhoomerang cage. 

You entered the cage and took off the muzzle, Drifter roared at the Typhoomerang before gesturing his head elsewhere to make him move.

The Typhoomerang bowed before propelling up into the sky, you took off your helmet and immediately hopped onto Drifter.

He flew up into the air quickly to meet up with the four dragons.

"Light it up!" You grinned

Drifter roared that to the dragons before they all used their blasts to ignite and destroy the ship along with some hunters still on board.

Once the boat sank Drifter roared at the four dragons, they immediately flew their separate ways which left both you and Drifter alone.

"You did such a great job today, Drifter!" You smiled

He flew higher into the air, he flew above the clouds quickly before roaring softly at you.

You scratched behind his ear buds before putting firing an arrow into the sky, he shot the arrow before shrieking.

Drifter usually did a victory call, you just pitched in sometimes and did the same.

You didn't exactly rely on Drifter and Drifter didn't need you at all. Although having him around was all you could ask for, and it was the same for him.

He retracted his teeth before biting your arm playfully, you fell down onto his back to play dead which he immediately flapped his wings harder to make you lose balance.

"Hey! You know that I don't have wings of my own, if I fall off, I'm dead!" You exclaimed

Drifter bellowed before shaking himself once again, you then sat up and shaking your head.

Drifter roared at you before beginning to move faster so that you'd get home quicker.

He usually told other dragons to not always follow him, although every now and then he'd send out some sort of call which some dragons would respond to.

Some dragons had a natural instinct to bring their acting alpha food, much like a Seashocker and a Bewilderbeast.

They'd usually give him food and leave, Drifter never asked a dragon to stay longer than they should or to stay permanently on the mountain.