9) SEEK COMFORT

(Cassandra Pov)

(Cassandra Pov)

RHAENYRA, Alicent and I were under we're the candles lit up were father when. Alicent has stood by us since the death of our mother, she knows how it feels when her mother died.

"It's only been half a year since our mother died, and already they tried to marry our father off and replace me as heir" Nyra said while we walk together.

"I know those men and how they plot in their secret councils when Cass and I been sent away" Nyra explain.

"They think a Queen can't sit on the Iron Throne but what's going to be next? Planning to wed me off?" I asked throwing my arms in the air.

"You can not worry at the matters if lords and kings, Rhaenyra. Cass" Alicent told us as I look at her.

"What if you father were to remarry?" Alicent asked while I let a light laugh looking up at the ceiling.

"Your father loves you both" Alicent told us as we did not say anything after she said that.

"He chose you both for his heir" Alicent said walking up to us.

"He didn't choose us" Nyra said.

"He spurns a Daemon" I said to Alicent feeling my heart flatter at he's name.

Alicent then bend down with a pack off lighter not saying a word while Nyra and I look I'm at each other then back at Alicent.

"Kneel with me" Alicent said going to pray asking us to pray with her.

Nyra then move the other side to Alicent as I kneel next to her as Nyra follow behind.

"I find this is a way to be with my mother" Alicent said. I give her a sad smile her way.

"Here in the quiet of the Sept...I feel close to her" Alicent said as I put my hands together going to pray with my sister and friend.

"I know it sounds foolish" Alicent said.

"I don't find it's foolish" Nyra said.

"Sounds like home to me" I told her look at her.

"Good.." Nyra, Alicent and I said looking at each other.

"Because I through you both might try" Alicent told us.

"I..." Nyra said as I let a soft sigh leave my lips.

"If not for me or Cass then perhaps fit them" Alicent said. While I look up towards I think the gods if they are watching us.

Then next Nyra and I grab two wooden sticks and brought it to the lit candles then we brought it to the candle to light it up. I then blow the fire of the stick as Nyra did the same.

"What do we say?" Nyra asked.

"Whatever you wish" Alicent replied.

"It's only for you and the gods to know" Alicent said as I part my lips a bit as Alicent look at us both.

We then turn are heads to the front and shut are eyes.

To the gods and holy spirit that lives upon us, send me a spirit to see my mother one last time and keep the spirit around my sister and friend never break. Amen.

After that I open my eyes while Alicent look at me then at Nyra. I look to hear Nyra quietly crying. While a tear slip through my eye but I try not to let a sob out. While I breathe in and out and look up.

Alicent then place both her hands on mine and Nyra hand comforting us the best she can. We comfort her with her mother now she is doing it back to us.

"I want him to see me as more then his little girl" Nyra said.

"I know. I want to show him I'm not some stupid little girl. Who is weak and controllable" I said finally letting a sob out. No longer be able to hold back my tears as it spill out.

"My own father does not know the language of girls either" Alicent told us.

"When I wish to talk with him..." Nyra said.

"I know that I must make the effort" Alicent said sending us a comfort smile are way as Nyra smile but I put on a fake smile.

"Thank you" Nyra said while I hummed agreeing with Nyra even through Alicent comfort us I can't get the feeling of that everything might disappear from me and I'll be alone.

We then put ars hands on top of each other in away to comfort each other.

The only reason I love my sister and Alicent is they are like my little family when father us not around.