7) HEIR TO THE IRON THRONE

(Cassandra Pov)

(Cassandra Pov)

WHEN the morning sun rise the next morning. I knew what was to come. I got ready quickly with the help of the servers putting my blue and black dress on as they did my hair in a braid.

 I got ready quickly with the help of the servers putting my blue and black dress on as they did my hair in a braid

Instead of letting the serves put my headpiece on and jewellery. I told them I will finish getting ready in my sisters chamber where Alicent was helping her.

I walked down the hall quickly as my shoes echo through the hall. Once I was at my sisters chamber the guard set a side for me and open the door.

I walked in as Nyra and Alicent turn to my direction seeing I have walked in. I just see that Alicent finish putting Nyra headpiece on her. I smiled at them both and walked closer towards them.

"Nyra you are gorgeous" I said in a whisper to her knowing she heard me.

"And indeed so are you" Nyra said to me.

"I know what you are thinking Nyra but you will be the greatest Queen that everyone will know your name" I said as Nyra looked at me for a second.

"You think so?" Nyra asked as I chuckle stepping forward and taking both of Nyra hands.

"I know so. I have faith in you" I said which she smiled and nodded.

"Let's finish getting you both ready" Alicent said helping me put my necklace on as well as Nyra. Then she helps put our cloak's on.

As we stand looking in the reflection off the mirror Alicent wrap her arms around both mine and Nyra's shoulders and brought us into a group hug. Giving us some comfort. It felt....nice.

I sigh as we all pulled apart as it was time to head to the Throne room for mine and Nyra's naming day.

•••

NYRA and I wanted in the hall where everyone was gather around. Everyone Lord and Lady has come to watch.

Nyra and I walked side by side until we reach Father who was sat in the throne and we turn around to face everyone.

Every Lord line up to bowl the knee to us. Mostly it Nyra as she's the future Queen. I'll be second in line.

"Corlys of House Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Master if Driftmark" Corlys step forward to us and bent the knee, I know he is loyal to us all.

"I, Corlys Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark, promise to be faithful to King Viserys and he's two name heir, the Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Cassandra" Corlys said.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies in good faith and without deceit" Corlys said as I stare down at him.

"I swear this by the old gods and the new" Corlys swore to us. Then he got up as the next Lord came to bend the knee to us.

"I, Lord Hobert Hightower, Beacon of the South Defender of the Citadel, and Voice of Oldtown, promise to be faithful to King Viserys and he's name heirs, the Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Cassandra" Lord Hobert said.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies... in good faith and without deceit" Lord Hobert said.

"I swear this by the old gods and the new" Lord Hobert swear to us. Then the next Lord bent the knee after Lord Hobert left to the side.

"I, Boremund Baratheon...promise to be faithful to King Viserys...and he's name heirs, Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Cassandra" Lord Boremund said bending the knee.

"I Pledge Fealty To Them And Shall Defend Them Against All Enemies... In Good Faith And Without Deceit" Lord Boremund said.

"I swear this by the old gods and the new" Lord Boremund swear to us. I look straight ahead as my violet eyes shine in the light.

"I, Rickon Stark, Lord of Winterfell... promise to be faithful to King Viserys and he's name heirs, the Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Cassandra" Lord Rickon said bending the knee.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against Amall enemies in good faith and without deceit" Lord Rickon said.

"I swear this by the old gods and the new" Lord Rickon swear it.

The Maester then put jewellery around both Nyra and my neck as I kook down at it then look back up.

Nyra and I both then face are our father that sit on the throne. He looked at us both before standing up and speaking.

"I, Viserys Targaryen, first of his name... King of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, do hereby name... Rhaenyra Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and Heir to the Iron Throne" Father said then turn to me.

"And Princess Cassandra Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and Second Heir to the Iron Throne" Father said as I held my breathe for a moment.

I bowed my head to my father then Nyra and I both turn around to our Lords and Lady's of the room.

But when King Jaehaerys was not wrong from the story father time me.
That for he knew cold true. In this time.

The only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon...

Was itself.