"Okay, the water will be coming pretty fast, so we have to be ready. Get into a position on either side of Nero and Neve." Anemos orders, coming to stand beside Neve. I move next to him and seconds later we're ready.

"Bring it on." I hear Ignis growl to my left as the water appears, frothing and crashing down the path.

I feel my nerves almost burst as the overwhelming urge to run away from the terrifying water washes over me.

I could do it. I could dart away and leave them.

I glance at Neve and feel my heart melt. The girl is shaking like a leaf, her face pale and terrified. I can't leave her.

So I stay. I stay as the wave crashes nearer.

The world slows down as though I'm darting. And I might be, I don't know, but I try to think of what I can do to help. Electricity won't help....maybe I could dart, but where to? I feel my Shinju sparking furiously, waiting to be used. But how? I decide to wait and see if I could be more useful in a minute.

Nero frowns in concentration and pushes his arms in a wide half-circle around him as though swimming, and at his command the water stops. Well, half of it at least. Neve has her palms facing the remaining water, her eyes narrowed determinedly, and ice shoots out of her hands.

I watch in amazement as the ice seems to float through the air in slow motion, slamming into the water and freezing where it hit. I feel my eyes widen as the ice spreads all along the water, moving up it's roaring body, freezing it, but it's too close. The angry mass is going to cover us. We're going to drown.

The water is about ten feet away when I get an idea. Finally, I can be useful! Ignoring the roar of the water pounding in my ears I tap into my Shinju's electricity and run towards Neve first, watching the world slow down. I quickly pick the girl up and race away from the water, back the way we came, smiling as I see her face break into surprise very slowly as she sees me. I get a good distance away and drop her before running back.

It took about three minutes to me, but to them I know it took seconds. Just enough.

Next I grab Nero. Then Ignis. Then Anemos. Once I drop my surprised friends off I shoot back for Terro and Kin.

When I see them I gasp. The water is really close now, almost fully frozen, and Terro and Kin are running away from it, under a break at the top, their eyes wide and fearful. It's going to drown them. I shoot forward and grab both of their hands, watching in half-amusement as their eyes widen in shock, and race away with them, trying to beat the water, praying it will finish freezing in time.

We just make it. Just as the wave is about to lap at my feet, it freezes and I run as fast as I can, pulling the two boys behind me. Once we make it back to the others I collapse on the ground, gasping for air, my side aching.

Neve and Anemos race over and kneel down next to me, their faces worried.

"Oh my gosh! Blitz, are you okay?!?" Anemos exclaims.

I smile at him and nod, "Just out of breath." I explain.

Neve gives me a quick hug and Anemos helps me to my feet.

"Wow Blitz! That was so cool!" Nero shouts, running over and hugging me. I smile and roll my eyes at the boy.

"That was pretty sweet." Ignis says with a smile, fist bumping me.

"Thanks for.....well, you know." Kin says sheepishly. I nod, smiling.

"We have to keep moving." Terro says, moving along the path. "We have to get over the water. I'll do it."