Sneak peak

Here is a snippet of the 2nd book coming soon .

"Did he say anything to you?" I ask calmly.

He looked down at the floor. "The last thing he said was, 'don't hesitate' and ran into the woods and disappeared. He disappeared into thin air, leaving no trace of his whereabouts. He vanished in an instant, as if he had never been there."

"And Bruce didn't believe in you?"

"Before I could speak, he blamed me for reverting back to my killer instinct because training never worked. That I am definitely Ra's grandson."

I can't believe it. He has gone through so much to make a better connection with his father. He doesn't deserve this. It's not fair that Bruce jumps to conclusions and accuse Damian of something he didn't do. He has worked so hard to improve his relationship with him, and he doesn't deserve treatment this way. Parents need to trust their children and support them, no matter what. Even when they are restless like this.

"Rest. You did a lot today. Especially stealing the car." I teased him while I played with his hair softly. It was the only thing I could say.

"Isabelle, please". He exclaimed sternly

"Come on. You have to admit that a ten-year-old kid stealing the batmobile is funny. Which makes me feel guilty because I am not being a responsible sister that watches out for her little brother."

He looked at me seriously.

"Okay, sorry about that." I apologised.

I strained to laugh. And before I knew it, he began to laugh at himself. Seeing him smile is something I rarely see in him. He should do that more, even if it's only with me. I leave his room, knowing he has been relieved and can rest. And hopefully, talk to Bruce about this.

"Isabelle?"

"Hmm?" I turned my head to see him before leaving closing his door.

".... I'm glad mother brought you here as well. With me." He said softly to me as he raised his head up and gazed at me with red watery eyes. His soft smile radiated throughout the room.

"I am too, Damian. We stick together no matter what". I told him back.

He is still a child, with feelings he reserves and shows to me, no one else. I think Bruce should try to see that side too. I know he is not the most ideal dad, but he is better than when he was with Talia.

"Goodnight Damian". I said, turning the lights off.

"Goodnight, Isabelle".

As I closed the door, I realized that Damian had encountered someone far more powerful than himself slowly sinking in. Who was this guy? What was his motive? Why did he kill the dollmaker? I had so many questions and no answers. All I knew was that Damian was in danger, and I had to protect him.