𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐧... 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬

I could tell I overslept since I could feel the sun's warm rays against me through the window. It felt surprisingly good. And so out of place. What's wrong with me? I never brake my routine. But I guess so much stress and anxiety have worn me out my body decided to give it a rest. Like yesterday, I changed into my workout clothes, tied my hair up, slipped on my sneakers,  and grabbed my wooden escrimas's heading towards the Batcave. And as usual, start with my normal arm stretches before starting. This time, I would practice circular strikes, which were the hardest ones to do every time. As I retracted each strike, It feels so strange that it was so quiet, that the only sound heard was the echo of my sticks hitting the punching bag.

"What are you doing here so early?" Dick asked as he was coming to the Batcave. It was really weird seeing him in normal clothes. A black shirt with some beige pants. I had to admit it kind of suited him.

"Just doing my morning workout, as always. Nothing interesting". I said, pausing a moment to answer. 

"Let's see". He said, arriving and standing next to me. 

"Are you insinuating  I don't know how to use  these?" I asked jokingly

 "I'm just curious. You're the only other person I know that knows how ".

 "I feel like being stalked right now."  I continued to strike the punching bag as I do, but it felt really weird that Dick wanted to watch me. This was mostly a my-time thing. An hour for me. So I felt as if he was being an instructor of sorts and invading my personal space at the same time.

 " Those are really challenging to do since you have to move your arms in a small-circle motion. I'm impressed. There's one thing though..Your position".

"How? My stance is balanced."

 "Here, you're not moving your hips and shoulders". Dick said as he came closer to me. 

"You just need to move slightly". Dick said in a cool tone behind me, holding me by the waist and slowly shifting me to the left, then separated my arms an inch from each other.

I could see the mistake that I did. He was right, my position wasn't where it normally was. But the way he was holding me. And the way I could feel his warm breath on my neck. 

"I-I think I can take this from here". I said to Dick,  immediately removing his hands from me.

 "Try it again".

 I was getting up to a point where I kinda wanted him to leave, but I knew it would be very imprudent of me if I said something like that. 

" I see what you meant. This morning", I huffed. " Simply messed up.. my schedule", I replied, hitting the punching bag with all my strength. I stopped for a moment to take a few deep breaths and a sip of water.

" For how long you've been doing this?" Dick asks, walking to the bat computer. which made me a little bit more relieved.

"My whole life basically. From two and a half hours, every day. I take other days to practice my other skills like punches, kicks, gymnastics . If that's what you wondered". I know he didn't but I  wanted to say it for some reason. I don't know what's into me today.

"Okay, I already set up some things in here. We should be waking Langstrom pretty soon so he can finish the serum," Dick said, as  I could see he was heading out.

"Oh, and one last thing." He cleared his throat. "Good morning...Miss Isabelle", he said with his fake British accent, clearly trying to impersonate Alfred.

"...Did Alfred put you up to this?" I asked mockingly, feeling a smile across my face.

"Nope. Just being me. Miss Isabelle. Hmm, it sounds...elegant". Those were his last words as he stepped out. I admitted to myself that I really wanted to laugh. His jokes are always hilarious. So I did laugh a little bit, quietly, so no one could hear me. I didn't feel openly showing these types of emotions. I think only with Damian is who I can really be my true self.