"A simple thankyou would suffice." Susan answered sharply.

"they were doing fine drowning me without your help" He countered Susan.

"maybe we should have let them" Peter said. 

"Peter!" Susan exclaimed, a maternal tone to her voice.

"why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked kindly.

The acute man looked gravely serious as he spoke "They're Telmarines, its what they do."

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund answered in shock.

"where have you been for the last few hundred years?" the man said.

"its a bit of a long story" Lucy replied looking at her siblings.

The small man caught sight of peters sword and then pointed at each of the four siblings muttering to himself. He sighed, "oh you've got to be kidding me. . . you're it? ... You're the kings and queens of old?" Realisation dawning upon his face.

"High King Peter, the Magnificent." peter said extending his arm and shaking the mans hand. 

"you probably could have left off the last bit" Susan chuckled

The man laughed with Susan "probably"

"you might be surprised" peter returned. He took out his sword.

"oh you don't want to do that boy" the man said gravely.

"not me, him" peter said looking at Edmund as he handed the man his own sword. Edmund nodded and brandished his blade.

Edmund looked utterly Valliant as he held his sword before him preparing for the man's attack. The man started strong but the fight did not last long as Edmund cleverly evaded all of his attacks, Ducking, Leaping and striking them out of his way. As he counteracted the stabbing of the blade he glanced at me momentarily and smiled gleefully, I returned the expression. Edmund was a master at sword fighting as he managed to manipulate the battle so much to his will that he cast peters sword from the little mans hands and metres away upon the sand. The mini battle ceased with Edmund the victor and his blade mere inches from the small man's throat.

the small man fell to the ground in disbelief "Beards and Bedsteads! ... Maybe that horn worked after all."

I looked at Susan knowing she had mentioned a horn earlier today in the chamber.

"what horn?" Susan replied. 

"There's no time, I shall tell you on the way, You must come with me, the fate of every Narnian depends on it." He replied. 

We all got into the boat. The little man, Lucy and Susan sat at the bow, peter took the oars in the centre and Edmund and I sat the stern, Edmund in charge of steering. 

We rowed along the river and further inland as the scenery changed and we floated through a forest lucy looked up at the trees and said "they're so still" 

Just as confused as I was the man replied "they're trees, what did you expect?"

Edmund noticed the confused look on my face "was it really windy last time you were here or something?" I said.

"no," he smiled kindly at me "they used to dance" He looked up at the trees, Nostalgic.

I gazed up at their green glow and noticed how beguiling they were as the sun shone warmly through the miniscule gaps in their leafy canopies.

"it wasn't long after you lot left that the Telmarines invaded," the small man spoke "those who survived retreated to the woods, and the trees ... they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since."

"I don't understand" lucy said disappointment ringing in her voice "How could Aslan have let this happen?"

"Aslan?" the man said "I thought he abandoned us when you all did"

Peter stopped rowing and all four siblings looked gravely upset "We didn't mean to leave, you know?" 

"makes no difference now, does it?" the tiny man said.

"Get us to the Narnians, and it will" Edmund said. 

The small man looked at Edmund a short lived glisten of hope in his eyes, he then focused on me and his brows furrowed. "who exactly are you?" he asked bluntly. All eyes were lain upon me.

"I have no idea why I'm here, or what I'm supposed to do. A few hours ago I didn't believe magic even existed. I'm not Royalty or even a noble warrior, to be honest I'm just as confused as you are." I spoke.

"hey I'm glad you are here" Edmund told me.

"yeah without you I would have seriously hurt myself trying to open that door" Peter added. The four siblings and I laughed.

"you must be here for a reason Amy only those Narnia needs Narnia brings" Lucy said kindly, and I smiled, thankful for her words.

We arrived at a bay which we left the boat. As we were mooring the boat, we all turned swiftly around hearing lucy speak.

"hello there" a smile upon her face. She approached a bear, talking to it in a friendly tone.

"what is she doing?!" I said extremely concerned.

"its alright. were friends." she spoke to the bear again

"don't worry Amy" Edmund answered. 

I watched in horror as the bear stood up on its hind legs and bore its teeth, panic struck my face as it started to make its way toward her growling violently. 

"Don't move your Majesty" shouted the small man.

I hurriedly grabbed the spare bow and arrow from the boat and aimed at the bear. Susan was ready with her shot arrow tense on the string. the bear began to charge full speed at lucy, she ran with all her might but tumbled, helpless under the bear. It rose once again and roared at its prey. Lucy.

"shoot Susan! SHOOT!" Edmund hollered in a panic.

Lucy screamed as the bear was about to attack. My eyes narrowed as I let my arrow fly hoping, wishing it would hit the bear. At first the arrow seemed to be flying in completely the wrong direction but the more I wished the more accurate my shot became and the arrow pierced the heart of the bear causing it to drop dead next to lucy. Susan stood her arrow still ready in shock, she had frozen up.

she turned around to me "Amy you saved lucy" her eyes wide with adrenaline.

Lucy ran up to me and engulfed me within her arms "oh thankyou Amy"

"quick thinking" Edmund said with a slight smile still in a state of panic as he placed his sword back in his scabbard.

"why wouldn't it stop?" peter asked.

"it was a wild bear?" I questioned, wondering what he was expecting.

"the animals used to talk, they were our friends, they were friendly" Edmund filled me in.

"most aren't, not anymore" the small man added. "get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become ... you may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember."

We all exchanged a worried look.

A/N: Hi everyone! this chapter was more like my desired length, finally got there in the end haha! as always I hope you enjoyed reading comment any ideas and feedback and please vote if you did like this chapter! I honestly love all of you for even reading this so thankyou so much. --- For all the huge fans of the Narnia series that know Ed wasn't actually 29 when he left Narnia in book 1 , I had to change it so that he was 14 in the lion the which and the wardrobe so that he's 16 now :)