Chapter 20: Scribe's room

Scribe was in his room in the castle. He had just had a meeting with the dark king. In full honesty it could have gone better. He had around just managed to avoid the dark kings wrath.

Due to his injury Darkness is to work with him till he can be able to work on his 'own.' He was hinting that he shouldn't make any stupid mistakes like that again. Unless he wanted to have a meeting with 'whipper'. Most creatures that go there return unrecognisable or dead. Most of them ended up dead depending on the rank they were.

Well, he was quite bored. He lying on his bed. His injury prevented him from moving too much. He only survived due his maniac side. If a maniac is stabbed through the heart it will live. Then again he was a bit different then a normal maniac.

When he accidentally swallowed a powerful magical creatures blood, it infused with his and gave him the ability to turn human. With a side effect. If he stayed human for too long he would forcibly change.

Then die after few days.

There was one way to kill him. He couldn't be poisoned.

He had to be stabbed in two spots. Only the dark king knew where. Apparently Dave knew. Even he himself didn't know.

Though he can heal quite fast.

He was so bored. He had his jacket off. He HATED having his jacket off. Though when he turned into maniac it disappeared but still him without a jacket is like baking cake without flour.

His jacket was hanging on a wardrobe door. Darkness strictly said not to leave the bed.

He rolled over to the edge of the bed. He could just... reach it.

"Ahh!!"

His top part of his body fell of the edge of the bed. Okay... he could crawl and just reach....

"Ahm."

Darkness was at the door with his arms crossed.

Oh no.