Viola finally arrived at the large welcoming hall, where she ran outside to the big marble staircase leading down into the castle's bailey.

She could hear the sound of hooves trampling the ground as a large group of armored knights rode over the wooden drawbridge, before closing in on the stairs.

A fast gust of wind blew Viola's hair into her face as she tried making her way down the stairs. Stroking back her hair she could quickly make out which of the men was Archer by his silver armor laced in gold.

The King got off his horse in one swift movement the moment Viola finally reached the bottom of the stairs. Archer lifted his heavy helmet off his head, revealing a smug grin, as the Queen hurried to embrace him. She moment she reached him, Archer grabbed her by the waist, lifting her and twirling her around in the air, making her squeal in surprise. The moment her feet touched the ground Archer pulled her into his embrace.

Amelie couldn't help but smile at their sweet reunion. When Malik and his men finally caught up to them he turned to Amelie. "What the heck, Amelie! Your job is to make sure the Queen stays put!" He growled at the young maid.

Amelie rolled her eyes, "Does the King look upset to you?" She asked sarcastically. Malik looked at his King who kept his eyes closed, savoring the moment as he swayed in the embrace of the Queen. Malik gritted his teeth unamused by the sight.

Slowly loosening his embrace around Viola, the King looked down at his Queen, "So, you missed me?"

"Not one bit," Viola smiled up at the King laughing.

The rest of the knights had begun getting off their horses and unstrapping their baggage from their saddles.

"I'm glad you're back safe, your Highness," Sir Malik said as Archer and Viola finally let go of one another.

"Yeah, me too."

Viola watched her King speak to his Right Hand Man, as their words seemed to fade into the distance. Her eyes were fixated on the King's brown hilt, which was dyed red with a handprint. All the noises around her merged into one numbing ringing sound. The more she looked at the King the more she realized the small red splatters on his armor. She turned to look at the Knights. Some limped, others looked completely soaked in dried blood while some were only dirtied.

Viola folded her hands in thought, not wanting to imagine what happened. She knew life wasn't black and white but once again she was reminded that the man she was married to had caused many people to lose their lives, not only during the rebellion. Eventhough the reasons were ultimately to protect or help others.

"Viola! What's wrong?" King Archer stepped into her line of vision, shaking her from her thoughts. 

"I was just thinking," she gave him a reassuring smile.

"I will come to see you later, okay?" He said. Viola nodded. To her surprise, he leaned forward and ever so gently placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before following Malik up the stairs.

Viola kept folding and unfolding her hands.

——————————————————————-
It had been a warm late spring day, but the thought of Archer and his men being covered in blood somehow stuck with Viola, even after she and Amelie had been helping out in the kitchen all day. It was late afternoon when a maid came to tell the Queen that the King was expecting her.