Chapter 7: The Wish Fish

You and Agatha came to another class as you were now sitting in front of the beautiful lake. Professor Dovey was now teaching you. But your mind couldn't stop thinking about what happened to Gregor as you felt bad for failing to save him.

"No, no, no. Of course, we don't hate. Evil hates. Good loves. Evil attacks. Good defend. Chinen, when is Good permitted to attack?"

"It isn't. Good can only defend." Chinen answered, "If Good were to attack first, by definition, it would be no longer Good."

"Precisely."

"What did you people do to him?" Agatha suddenly asked out of nowhere, making Dovey stop and ask her. You turned your head to her as well.

"I'm sorry?"

"Gregor failed three times, and then he disappeared, screaming in pain. What did you turn him into?"

"The rules at this school must be obeyed. There are no exceptions."

"But can there be at least a way to turn him back, right?" You asked.

"No, they don't." Your head lowered down to the ground as you felt hopeless. "Ladies, as... as I was saying, Evil has many weapons, but we... we have animals."

You were slightly interested in the topic, you remembered the time you fed the squirrels some food. All the girls were excited except Agatha. "Animals of the land, animals of the water. And so, ladies, today I present to you..." Dovey's hand gestured to the river as you noticed something moving under the water.

"...Wish fish, shimmering underwater friends, who understand us and our deepest desires."

"Is that because they used to be students here?" Agatha mocked which made Dovey turn her head in frustration.

"Enough. Not everyone earns their own story. At least they can still be part of someone else's happy ending. Ladies, if your wish is strong enough, then they might make it come true. Who's first?"

"Me! Me, me!" Kiko stood up fast as she placed the book on her chair before heading towards the lake. She dipped her finger into the water as it glowed and formed into Trisitan's face. Kiko opened her eyes as she saw Trisitan's hand reaching out for her.

"It's Tristan! He loves me."

"Let me try." You saw Beatrix stand up in frustration as she quickly placed the book down and went toward the lake. "Move, Kiko. Move! Get out of the way." She roughly pushed Kiko away as Dovey gently gestured her back to the seat.

Beatrix exhaled before she dipped her finger and the image of her and Tedros came into the view. "Tedros. We look perfect together."

Dovey smiled at her as she held her chin, "The Evers Ball, where many of you may receive your first kiss next week!" You and Agatha exchanged looks before Dovey called out your name. "(Y/N). Your turn."

Everyone looked at you as you felt nervous all of a sudden. "It can be any wish, right?" You asked.

"Whatever your heart most desires."

You gave your book to Agatha as she placed it on the table beside her. You stood up and nervously walked towards the lake, you kneeled before you dipped your finger and wished in your head, "I wish for Gregor to be safe. For him to be okay. And for him to be happy."

The water glowed in gold but soon disappeared, you looked up to see nothing happened. Some of the girls snickered that your wish didn't come true. You pulled your finger out as you were at least happy to tell your wish.

The School for Good and Evil (Male! Sophie x reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara