"Yes."

"Why on Asgard would he want me there?!"

He shrugs.

Something I've come to hate.

"Perhaps my mother has spoken of you and he feels the need to see you for himself."

"Does he see me as a threat?" I ask incredulously.

"Well...I'm not sure how much my mother has spoken of you. I doubt it but I wouldn't put it past him to try and see for himself the kind of person you are."

I groan in frustration.

I remember meeting his mother a month or so ago. She was very sweet and let me know that I was welcome anytime.

I remembered how clammy my hands were and I felt my heart racing. I have been lucky enough to not have met his father just yet but I suppose it was coming soon. I shouldn't and couldn't shy away from him any longer.

I'm in no hurry to meet the king. He's very intimidating and by the few things Loki's ever lead on that's having to do with his father, they don't seem to have the best relationship.

"I know every time I've come by, which isn't much, at least not around the palace besides here in your room.." I say making him peek over at me with a little grin.

I ignore it.

"I always come dressed..lesser than those who reside here. I have no idea what I'd wear to a fancy dinner with your family."

I widen my eyes and he sits up.

"What is it?"

"Nothing..I just realized the seriousness of how I'm going to have dinner with your family..when?"

"Tomorrow," he says almost painfully.

"Right," I say turning away to look at Asgard in all its glory from his window.

Odin sure seems like one to judge. From the way Loki makes him out to seem.

"If it makes you feel any better, Thor invited some of those friends of ours."

"They're having dinner with us?"

He nods.

"Oh great..more of your troublesome friends to possibly critique me," I say nervously as I stand up.

"It'll be alright," he says as if it's no big deal as he lays back down. Returning his book to his hand.

I stare at him with eyes narrowed as I think of what he said.

"Say..why did Thor invite them? Surely this was meant to be only a small family dinner."

"They are family...in a way," he answers back flatly.

I start to step closer to him with a smirk.

"You asked Thor to invite them didn't you?"

He looks at me cautiously and back to his book before ignoring my presence altogether.

"I don't know what you're going on about..."

"Of course you did. Your father would've never allowed them present if it was your doing. You asked Thor so the pressure and the focus wouldn't be so grave on me," I ask poking him.

"Alright," he mumbles.

"Come on," I poke and he ignores me.
"Come on, you did it for meee," I say in tune as if I'm singing my words. "Admit it."