Chapter Fourteen

Upon Rhaenyra's move to Dragonstone, the castle had felt crowded. Everywhere Daemon went there was Rhaenyra trying to speak to him. He was tired of it. Just when he felt he would snap, Camilla awoke. The light of his life was back, and Daemon felt like he could handle anything.

The Prince had rushed to his wife's chambers upon hearing the news, running to his wife's bedside.

"My love," Daemon cried upon seeing Camilla sat upright in her bed. "You are awake."

"What happened?" Camilla asked as Daemon took her hand in his, sitting on the edge of the mattress.

"Alicent hurt you is what happened." Daemon growled. "That cunt will never come near you again, I swear it."

"Daemon, it wasn't Alicent's fault. It was an accident."

"If she hadn't grabbed Viserys' blade none of this would have happened."

"We spoke before..." Camilla trailed off. "Alicent wished to betroth Viserra to Aegon and Baelon to Helaena."

"Why would she propose that? Does she mean to steal the throne?"

"She does."

"And she wishes to drag my children into it. I will not help the Hightower cunts steal Rhaenyra's throne." Daemon hissed.

"Not even if your blood sat the throne?"

"I do not care for the throne, I only care for you. I would follow you anywhere, dear wife." Daemon spoke, pressing his forehead to Camilla's. "Let us speak of this no more I have missed you."

Camilla's eyes fluttered closed at the feeling of being so close to her husband. Though she had been asleep, her body had missed the man.

"Camilla," A familiar voice spoke. "I am glad to see you awake."

Camilla's eyes flew open and shot to the door. There stood Rhaenyra, a hand pressed to her swollen stomach.

"Rhaenyra, what are you doing here?"

"Did Daemon not tell you?" Rhaenyra entered the room further. "My family moved to Dragonstone shortly after Laena's funeral."

Camilla looked to her husband, seeing the guilt in his eyes.

"You are with child?"

"Yes." Rhaenyra beamed.

"Get out. Get out!" Camilla yelled, pushing Daemon away from her. She didn't notice as Rhaenyra slipped from the room.

"Camilla." Daemon begged as his wife scrambled away from him. "It is not what you think."

"I do not care, she is still here in our home! You swore to me!" Camilla broke down, beginning to weep. "You swore you wouldn't do it again."

Daemon attempted to approach his wife. Hands raised as if he was approaching a wild animal. Quickly, Daemon grabbed Camilla by her forearms.

"I did not sleep with her, I have been faithful to you." Daemon spoke earnestly, Camilla could detect no lie in his words. The woman collapsed into her husband's arms.

"I will not live with her."

"What would you have us do then?"

"I wish to return to King's Landing. Be with my friend the Queen and you may see your brother again."

"As you wish."