There She Goes.

Mulai dari awal

Warren: Eddie was my best friend at the time man! I could see it all over his face— the son of a bitch was jealous. [laughs] Karen was giving him these dough eyes and Graham was just oblivious to the whole thing. I mean it was great, really helped take my mind off the fact that Billy had laid us off.

"Alright well it doesn't seem like a good time to be here. I'm gonna go say hi to Camila, it was great seeing you guys." Rhiannon announced, not being able to leave the mess that was that very moment, thanks to Karen.

"Actually Ann I wanted to talk to you a while ago about something. Do you mind?" Karen said without really giving the Puerto Rican girl much time to think before taking her by the arm, dragging her to a separate room.

"Who the fuck is that and why is he so hot?" Rhiannon laughed at Karen's remark.

"He already told you, he's my friend from back home."

"The way you had your arm around his didn't seem like you guys were just friends." Rhiannon rolled her eyes at this. She didn't like to think of Joni as anything more of a friend, even if at that moment she'd been pushing back that weird feeling in her stomach.

"Well he's not and he won't be. He's staying for a few days and I'm going to invite him around more often and you're not going to say a single thing if something ever does happen." Rhiannon whispered the last part of her sentence before giving Karen a playful glare.

"Whatever you say."

Rhiannon: Forget about it, the girls wouldn't ever leave me alone when it came to Joni. [sighs] all and all, it was just a shit show for me really. I hated myself for feeling something towards Joni, I hadn't seen him in ages and I was already wrapping him in the loop of bullshit and on top of that I had Eddie to worry about too.

Well, not that I needed to worry about him, I just felt as if I led him on.

Eddie: Of fucking course she led me on. Anyone could see her and Joni were something behind closed doors, even if they weren't doing anything about it. And it fucking pained me to watch them every single time.

Joni: Honestly I was a little clueless for a while. I started getting along with Warren and he would just give me a blunt here and there, so I was high most of the time.

Warren: Man I miss that guy.

Rhiannon: Anyway, besides all that Christmas rolled by quickly. It was good for the most part, only because everyone was just in their own world, but that's not important—
Billy had written a song he wanted us all to hear and [laughs] I remember Eddie being the only one who didn't wanna hear it.

And that's how Honeycomb came about.

Billy: I didn't really care to get to know Joni at the time, but he was honestly the only one who liked the original version of Honeycomb.
He came to me a little later on after I played it and he just told me, "Man beggers can't be choosers." I told him, "What the fuck do you know."

he said, "What do I know? I know I love music, more than you probably, but I'm no expert. What I do know beyond that though is that those guys can't not like that song. You could see it written all over their faces— I hate to be the guy that says this man, but they got nobody but you. Don't let that inflate your head though, you'd be nothing without them either."

I always though he was just talking to talk back then because he was as high as Warren sometimes, but now thinking of it... that fucker had a way with words.

Joni: High or not I knew what I was talking about. What I also know is that I wasn't actually high that day— I was just speaking the truth. And I also never said I fully liked the song, I always knew it needed something more, Billy was just too dense to think of that himself.

I was proud as it was that he took the song to Teddy Price and even let the guy have an opinion of it [chuckles].

Warren: Teddy thought a female vocalist might give us an edge.

Karen: Someone new that he was working with.

Rhiannon: I didn't know Teddy well... actually I didn't know him at all. I was just happy that he turned that sad ass song into what it is now. I was especially happy that he had the bright idea of putting Daisy on the song as well.
There was always something about that girl that I couldn't really put my finger on... but when I saw her singing on that mic with Billy— man I knew at that point. I knew what I couldn't put my finger on before, I could then when she started singing.

She was a fucking star.

© iownthemooon.
it's Daisy Jones, everyone.
(easter special jejejejejje)