𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, feelings

EIGHTEEN

JJ. Will you shut up?

 Will you shut up? ❞

*ೃ༄

    THE HMS POGUE glides slowly through the water as the five teenagers share out beers and get themselves comfortable around the boat. Ava's sat on the bow near JJ, both of them wearing sunglasses to hide the aftermath of their calm sesh from the morning. Kiara's perched on the side of the boat, with Pope stood beside her, his hand resting on John B's shoulder whilst he's sat back behind the wheel.

The sight of another boat approaching them catches JJ's attention and he swivels his body around to face it. He whistles, "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world fondest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality and reformable. 200k easy."

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend," Kiara grinds out through gritted teeth.

The expensive boat comes parallel to the HMS Pogue, and Sarah moves her sunglasses to the top of her head so can look at the group of friends with a disgusted expression. Ava grinds her jaw, raising her middle finger to the blonde with a sarky smile.

"How you doing, bitch?" Ava shouts loudly, only to be completely ignored.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch," Kiara snaps, head turning to watch as their boat moves along the water away from the group.

John B's eyes move to his sister's face, "Hey, Ava. You still talking with the one and only Rafael Cameron today?"

Sighing, Ava's finger begins to tap on her thigh anxiously. She had spoken to Rafe this morning about how she'd be able to be at his once the Pogues were done with the investigation shit. She shrugs, shaking her wet hair off her bare shoulders before she looks up at the sky, "I dunno."

"Yeah, right," JJ scoffs, noticing the movement of her index finger on her thigh, "Are you going or not? It's a simply yes or no question."

Ava snaps her head to him, slightly surprised by the hostility in his tone, "I don't know. I might go, I might not," She replies harshly, "Depends how long it take to do this stupid shit about the Royal whatever-it's-called."

"It's The Royal Merchant," John B mumbles, "And it isn't stupid shit. It's for dad."

"Ah, right, yeah. The dad that just adored me to pieces, so much so he forgot about me!" She laughs, the usual tint of sarcasm in her voice and she watches her brother roll his eyes before she turns away completely towards the water, hearing JJ hiss at the exchange between the siblings.