The Great War

Taylor took the night flight. She spent the morning saying goodbye to the ones she was closest to and promising Lily that she would be back soon. She meant it, she didn’t expect staying in Paris too long, her career there was over. She just wanted to put a better ending to it, perhaps find something new. There was a guy in a black suit holding up a sign with her name on it. She approached him, dragging her suitcase with her.

“I think that’s me” she smiled. “I didn’t know I’d have a car waiting for me.”

“Monsieur Mbappe sent me. Did you have a nice flight?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“Follow me mademoiselle.”

“Merci.”

He led her out on the parking lot, towards a large black van. Little extra she thought but she kinda liked it too. He helped her put her bags on the back and then opened the door—

“AH!” She screamed as confetti sprayed on her face. She held on her chest and looked to her right, Neymar was sitting there, laughing. She laughed as well, the fear turning into nostalgia and happiness of seeing him again. But she could hear another laugh too and when she looked to her left, she saw Kylian, sitting by the window, smiling. “You are monsters.” She mumbled and launched herself at Neymar, giving him the tightest hug, she could master. He rubbed her back, holding her close to him. The two never even got to say a proper goodbye. He kissed her cheek and pulled back a little while the driver started the car.

“It’s nice to see you again Princessa!”

She smiled “Missed ya.”

“’m sorry about your Pa.”

She held back, of all the people she had heard saying the same thing, she knew that Neymar genuinely meant it. Suddenly she had no idea how to answer him. Thank God for Kylian that decided to interrupt, waving his hand in between them.

“Alright, I’m part of the surprise too, you know?”

She looked at him, how he sat across from them in this luxurious van, that was defiantly too much just to drive her home. Neymar gave her a little push, encouraging her to go sit next to him instead. She reached for Kylian’s hand and got up, he pulled her to his side, immediately igniting electricity between them. They looked in each other’s eyes, Kylian’s hand moved to her hair, picking out some of he confetti that had stuck on her hair, taking his time.

“Good flight?”

“Yeah. But I’m exhausted, please tell me you haven’t planned anything.”

“Nothing.” She narrowed her eyes. She had never met anyone with a better poker face than Kylian. “Galtier wants to see you tomorrow though.”

She groaned “god I don’t wanna have that conversation.”

“I’m sure it’ll be ok.” He smiled.

She wanted to kiss him. Taste him. She was struggling to stay appropriate.

“Man, just kiss already. You can cut the tension with a knife.”

She laughed, embarrassed at herself and leaned on Kylian’s shoulder, hiding herself. It was so weird to her that Neymar knew the whole truth, no matter how close to him she was. Kylian kissed her head, then his lips traced down to her cheek. Urging her to tilt her head back a little, so he’d be able to kiss her. Such an intimate moment, it was odd, doing it publicly for the first time.

“I’m glad you are here.” He whispered.

“Me too” she smiled.

They reached Kylian’s house a while after, Kylian and Neymar helped her carry her bags upstairs and they talked about all the games she had missed ever since she left, and how bad things had gotten with the management. None of the players were really happy about the situation. Taylor expected to meet darkness as Kylian opened the door, instead she was faced by screaming, balloons and drinks and familiar faces that were there to surprise her. She gasped, instantly reaching for Kylian’s hand. She laughed as she saw Leo, clapping for her, next to his Wife Antonella. Ramos and Kimpembe were also there, both of them holding a glass of beer in their hands.