Too Busy Dancing (2.0)

Taylor laid with her head on his chest, her fingers interlocking with his. His breathing under her, something that she could get used to. His other hand was placed on her hips, his thumb stroking the exposed skin. It all felt like a haze, her memories as dizzy as he had left her.

She was scared that if she stood up and looked in the mirror, she’d find marks all over her body, matching his lips. On her neck, on her collar bone and her chest. Even her thighs. She giggled at the memory, her cheeks blushing, shrinking in his hold. He smiled, looking down at her because he knew exactly what she was thinking. It wasn’t a dream anymore. The picture of his face half hidden between her thighs would be stuck in her mind until the end of time. The feeling of his fingers in forbidden areas. She closed her eyes, laying her cheek on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. His hand moved up to her head, his hair brushing her hair.  

Both of them felt comfortable in the silence. Next to each other. Maybe if they stayed still, time wouldn’t move and tomorrow’s problems would never come. Her hand looked so small in his, he marveled at it. Smiling. Those same tiny and cute fingers had left slight scars on his back, he was sure of it. Those fingers had grabbed on his soul. He brought them to his lips, pecking them like he was thanking them. She rolled her bottom lip in between her teeth, holding up a smile because even that sent shivers in her chest.  

“Why JW?” he suddenly asked and she, let out a questionable ‘hm?’. He tilted his head, having view of the back of her head. “I know it’s your middle name but why not TW?”

She scoffed. She turned her body, so she’d be facing him, laying on her side. His hand stayed on her hip like he was making sure that she wouldn’t leave too soon.

“Does it keep you up night?”

“I’m just curious.”

She was smiling but she wasn’t speaking, like she was feeling uncomfortable. She looked away from his eyes, focusing on his shoulders, her fingers tracing his bones.

“I wrote my first article more than a year after the accident. I couldn’t watch football after being told that I’d never be able to play professionally. Then 2014 world cup came along and it was playing everywhere. I remember I had this fire in my chest after every match… it was the game between Brazil and Germany that made me reach my limit…”

“Uh…” Kylian hissed at the memory “that was brutal.”

“Yeah… and i had this need to yell at somebody so instead I wrote it down. And then I had to sign it…” her voice trailed off. “But signing it as taylor didn’t feel right. Taylor was the name on my jersey, she was a footballer, a little girl that could make it big and I…” she paused, her eyes darkening “failed her.” Kylian’s hand rested on her cheek, his thumb comfortingly caressing het. He knew that look in her eyes, he had seen it in the mirror numerous times “who was I to judge anyone? it didn’t feel right signing with her name so instead I used my middle name. Jane. perhaps trying to hide behind it so I could be even meaner…” she looked in his eyes again, the teasing spark returning “torture footballers with no remorse, ruin careers—” he laughed, grinning at her and nodding his head “be the evil witch of the west—”

“Alright, alright, I get it.” He topped her voice. Moving his body closer to hers, his hand snaking behind her back so he’d move her closer to him as well “you did a good job at that.”

“My, thank you.” She smiled. Leaning in, her lips barely touching his. He searched in her eyes for more, he wanted to know more of the girl across from him.

“Where would she be? Taylor, I mean. If it wasn’t for the accident.”

She hummed, closing her eyes like she was imagining. “Marquinhos asked me the same question.” She bent her forehead on his “Barcelona with Aitana Bonmati. Starting 11, in every game. Number 10.” she opened her eyes, the corners of her lips lifting “she’s best friends with Leo Messi by the way” Kylian laughed. She raised her finger because she had more to say. “In fact, he says, she is the best in the game, and she has two ballon d’ors.”